compensation: $25-$29 DOE employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
Engineering Test Technician - Contract
Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented engineer in our facility located in the Portland, Oregon area. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
HYG is looking for an energetic individual who will have a positive influence on the organization and the Test Operations team. This position plays an important role in the validation of all new products. This individual interacts with all aspects of the organization, including design, test, marketing, manufacturing, and procurement, to ensure we deliver quality lift trucks that meet customer requirements and acceptance. Join our team as we take forklift research, development, and testing to the next level.
• Prepare and modify lift trucks and components to execute test plans.
• Troubleshoot, inspect, and provide recommendations based on test outcomes.
• Identify and resolve development issues working closely with Test and Design Engineers.
• Communication of data analysis and test results through both verbal and written reports.
• Take a lead role in Identifying and implementing processes that improve testing efficiency and overall quality of validation testing.
• Design and build test stands in support of test objectives.
• Develop and/or update engineering methods ensuring compliance with codes and standards while complying with ISO9000 certification.
• Associate of Applied Science Degree
• Welding and Fabrication experience
• Experience interpreting engineering drawings (components, weldments, hydraulic and electrical schematics).
• Practical understanding of machining practices, manufacturing methods and tolerances.
• Ability to operate lift trucks
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Extremely detail oriented
• Capable of using Microsoft Office suite of tools, especially Excel.
• Experience with sensor selection and data acquisition systems such as SOMAT EDAQ, Vector CANalyzer including knowledge of vehicle CAN communication.
• Hands-on demonstrated abilities in fabrication, machining, welding, general mechanical and electrical repair including troubleshooting issues of vehicles.
• Basic understanding of DC/AC electrical circuits.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers