Come be a part of Urban Renaissance Group - a full service commercial real estate firm!
URG is a Seattle-based full-service commercial real estate company, engaged in acquisitions, development, asset management, leasing, property management and ownership in Seattle, Portland and Denver.
URG's majority investor is the Joshua Green Corporation, creating a deep thread of commitment to the greater PNW that runs through every area of the company. Because development and asset investment tend to present their best opportunities in different parts of the economic cycle, this new combination of companies provides URG with a dynamic and balanced portfolio of opportunities and an ability to optimize real-estate investment across all parts of the building life cycle.
URG is experiencing steady growth in all facets of our platform, including the acquisition of Touchstone, a Seattle-based development company, in December of 2014 and the acquisition of the operating platform of Langley Investment Properties, a Portland-based real estate company. Our operating platform now totals over 10 million square feet, supported by over 140 employees.
We are looking for motivated, customer-oriented individuals to add value to our team, provide support to our expanding platform, and join us in leading the way for the renaissance of Urban America.
Under the supervision of the Chief Engineer or his delegate, the Maintenance Technician (hereafter referred to as MT) will perform duties that do not require the proficiencies of a Building Engineer. The MT supports the implementation and documentation of all required safety programs as well as engineering standards, operational procedures, and industry guidelines. This includes, but is not limited to, Federal, State, local, and site specific standards, policies, and protocols.
• Coordinate the procurement of and maintain inventories of necessary parts, supplies, and equipment from approved vendors
• Demonstrate a commitment to provide industry-leading, quality customer service
• Provides the highest level quality of service and professionalism to tenants, staff, and visitors at all times
• Effectively utilize communications tools (such as email, messaging, two way radio, written, and verbal) with the Chief Engineer, or a designated delegate, Management, and other team members including vendors
• Maintenance and housekeeping of all mechanical, electrical, and work areas
• Foster an attitude that promotes safety, energy conservation, and the continuous improvement of engineering functions
• Perform miscellaneous tasks assigned by supervisor or their delegate
• Maintains regular workplace attendance
• Must be available and willing to work overtime and participate in the “on-call” rotation
• Must be able to walk, crawl, climb and maneuver around mechanical equipment, some in tight spaces
• Must be able to work in small areas and wear all required safety equipment for the assigned task
• Perform daily inspections, safety checks, and routine basic maintenance duties.
• As required, make all appropriate daily entries and records all pertinent data in building logbooks.
• Comply with all applicable codes, policies, and procedures.
• Comply with facility specific safety program.
• Strictly follow all environmental safety, hazardous material handling, and personal protection rules and regulations set forth by The Property, URG, Local, State, Federal and International regulations.
• Work towards achieving LBME license or higher
• Work towards achieving the EPA Universal Refrigerant License.
• Certification meeting OSHA/ACM awareness training requirements.
• A working knowledge of energy conservation strategies such as lighting controls, demand utility usage, and proper HVAC scheduling.
• Understand Company’s policy manual and mission statement, participating as a staff member to support all of the efforts to achieve organizational goals.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Customer service oriented
• Perform as a responsible, objective team member
• Experience that is commensurate with the specific facility for the position of MT
• Basic computer proficiencies such as word processing, spreadsheets, and email as well as the ability to operate the property EMS system
• Must be able to carry/lift loads up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to work with the tools of the trade including all appropriate safety equipment
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers