Machol & Johannes, LLC and its affiliates is a premier collections law firm operating in Colorado, Washington State, Oregon, New Mexico, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, and Oklahoma. We offer representation and customer service in the fields of Collection, Bankruptcy, and Creditor Rights.
The Associate Attorney will review and track correspondence and pleadings, assist with task and workflow management, work with pleadings and accompanying paperwork, provide professional legal assistance, advice and counsel with respect to collections, creditor's rights and bankruptcy matters. The position has a high level of responsibility within established guidelines but is encouraged to exercise initiative. The position is part of a growing team of attorneys across several states.
• Review and edit correspondence and pleadings
• Track correspondence through the judicial process
• Assist with assigned projects and tasks
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Formal Training, or Certificates:
• Law degree from an accredited college or university
• Licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the State of Washington.
• Experience in collections law preferred
• Proven experience reviewing legal documents for accuracy.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to work long hours under strict, often short deadlines
• Must be able to communicate professionally and effectively verbally and in writing
• Majority of this position will be in a professional office environment
• Sitting - 80%, Standing/Walking - 20%
• Will type, write, use finger dexterity, talk, hear, and see (up close and moderate distances) as a normal part of job duties
• Will occasionally need to lift up to 50 lbs.
This is a full-time position that is eligible for our total rewards package, including multiple medical & dental plan options, vision coverage, life and disability offerings, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent savings, health savings account and a 401(k) plan. We have a great deal of voluntary benefits including a supportive Employee Assistance Program, a Health Saving Account and a Flexible Spending Account as added benefits to our medical plans. We offer various discounts of up to 40 percent on more than five million products and services, including Computers and Electronics, Theme Parks, Vacation Packages, Cell phone provider discounts up to 22% off your monthly statement, Car Rentals, and Hotels, Gifts and Retail Shopping, Child and Senior Care Products and Services, Movie Tickets and Video Rentals. Each employee will receive a fully paid Eco Pass for transportation. Work with a firm that supports and pays employees to give back to the community through volunteer work with amazing local and national organizations. We offer vacation and sick time, flexible scheduling and a quarterly bonus potential.
Compensation is based upon education, salary history and experience. Qualified applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship. Machol & Johannes, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.