compensation: Base pay $15.00/hour commensurate with experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
At Immigrant Law Group our philosophy is based on the very simple concept that human beings deserve to be treated with dignity and respect, regardless of their place of birth or country of citizenship. We are human rights lawyers that defend immigrants and their families.
Immigrant Law Group is hiring a qualified, passionate legal assistant. The Legal Assistant provides support to the attorneys in order to accomplish our mission of ensuring justice in the immigration system. The Legal Assistant prepares applications, communicates with and interviews clients, and supports clients in moving through the immigration system.
* The successful candidate should have these skills and aptitudes:
* Communicate fluently in English and have strong writing skills;
* Communicate proficiently in Spanish (at least a 8 out of 10);
* Excellent word processing skills and demonstrated facility with major word processing software such as Microsoft Word or GoogleDocs;
* Able to follow detailed instructions;
* Passion for customer service and social justice;
* Self-starter and confident decision-maker;
* Strict attention to detail.
* A 4-year college degree is preferred;
* Prior office experience is preferred;
* Prior experience with social justice work is preferred.
**Salary & Benefits**
Salary will be set at an hourly rate commensurate with experience and skills with a base pay of at least $15.00/hour. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off and public transportation subsidy.