compensation: Commensurate with Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt has an opening for a full-time Office Assistant to work in the Portland office. This position requires a minimum of one-year business office experience. This individual will provide support to the secretaries, paralegals, and attorneys in the Real Estate and Natural Resources Department.
Duties will include:
• Contact entry into Interaction
• Drafting correspondence shells
• Process invoices for payment and check requests
• Travel arrangements
• Prepare expense reimbursements
• Project support under legal assistant or paralegal supervision
• Errands such as delivery of documents to opposing counsel
• Electronic file management, including saving emails to FileSite
• Scanning incoming mail and dispersing to the legal assistants or saving to FileSite
• Copy and scanning projects
• Assist with mailing large mailings
• Prepare UPS/FEDEX slips for overnight delivery
The position requires the abilities to learn and utilize computer software, follow instructions carefully, accept a full variety of projects, work on multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines as assigned. The successful candidate will have good communication skills and the ability to work with a varied group of professional employees. The ideal candidate will have their notary public or be able to complete their notary immediately upon hire.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Melissa Tofell, Legal Support Services Manager, at Recruiting @ schwabe.com.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities