favorite this postPart Time Paralegal/Legal Secretary (Downtown Portland)hide this posting
compensation: DOE employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Part Time Paralegal/Legal Secretary
Small Family Law firm in downtown Portland seeks Paralegal/Legal Secretary for afternoon shift
4+ hrs per day, Significant amount of daily correspondence, pleadings and transcription;
substantial client contact. Friendly and informal work environment. Minimum typing speed 75
wpm. WordPerfect experience preferred.
***Requirements: At least 1-2 yrs. of current state of Oregon family law experience. The ability
to independently research and understand the multiple layers of state and local rules. They must
be able to problem solve and independently manage the myriad of issues that arise during the
course of a case. Please do not apply if you have never worked in a law firm before. We are in
need of an experienced family law paralegal.
- Draft, proofread, serve, e-file, transcribe and manage legal documents.
- Perform administrative/clerical tasks including filing; file organization; organizing and
managing discovery; assisting with client correspondence.
- Act as a go-between attorneys, clients and courts.
- Provide backup to reception/front desk as needed.
- At least 1-2 years of recent experience as a legal secretary or paralegal.
- Family Law experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of WordPerfect, Adobe, and OCJIN (E-Filing)
- Professional attitude and demeanor.
- Strong secretarial skills and able to work in a team with shared duties.
- Good customer service skills.
*Please apply with your current resume and references.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers