compensation: DOE - competitive hourly wage employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are an established downtown Family Law Firm in need of a reliable and proactive permanent, part-time legal assistant to work 20-25 hours per week, Monday thru Friday. Potential candidate would also have the flexibility/ability to cover other legal assistants' vacations and/or occasionally work extra hours for trial prep. We are looking for candidates who possess the following skills/knowledge:
• Three or more years of experience in Oregon family law as a Legal Assistant and/or Paralegal
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office programs, the internet, and basic office software. Familiarity with LSS is a plus.
• Willingness to do anything - team player (i.e. filing, electronic filing, reviewing correspondence carefully, calendaring, occasionally covering front desk - answering phones/hospitality).
• Experience in State Court e-filing systems, OECI, and administrative procedures
• Superior organizational and communication skills
• Transcription/drafting correspondence • Perform potential client intakes
• Communication with judges, opposing attorneys, court personnel, clients and potential clients • Creating, updating, and maintaining electronic case files • Assisting with drafting motions, pleadings, and filling out forms • Calendaring/docketing deadlines • Utilizing case management software as needed • eFiling and other submissions to courts and administrative bodies • Provide overflow assistance to other legal assistants
• DOE Competitive Salary
• Transit Pass
• Collaborative work environment with a strong value for work/life balance
For immediate consideration, please reply with a cover letter and resume. Salary requirements optional.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers