CONTRACT ATTORNEY WANTED FOR POST-CONVICTION NPO
We are a national non-profit organization assisting state and federal inmates with post-conviction case-evaluations and the preparation of pro se pleadings. We also provide specialized assistance to incarcerated military veterans, women and youth at risk. We are looking for a contract attorney to review and supervise client evaluations for state/federal inmates. The hours are flexible and you can work from home. You will have full access to the client file by remote access. We provide training and all the support tools you will need. This position is ideal for recent law school graduates, retired attorneys and those who have an interest and passion for post-conviction work, civil rights, criminal law, appellate law and/or similar fields. The position is available immediately. Please respond with your resume and a phone number where you can be reached. Please visit our website at: postconviction.org
The following is REQUIRED:
- currently in good standing with the State Bar
- understanding of how to research and find the law (cases and statutes)
- basic experience in writing briefs, motions and other pleadings
The following skills are helpful but not mandatory:
- familiarity with criminal law practice and procedure
- familiarity with post-conviction/habeas corpus practice and procedure
- familiarity with the criminal appellate process
You will be required to sign a non-disclosure/non-compete agreement upon an offer of employment. You must be legally able to work in the United States.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers