compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The Law Offices of Geoff Bernhardt is a small elder law firm in close-in SW Portland looking for a legal assistant who has a passion for helping others, especially older people and their families who are dealing with the legal and health consequences of aging.
The legal assistant is expected to perform the following duties:
• Communicate effectively and professionally, verbally and/or in writing, with clients and other persons. The legal assistant is to be the first point of contact on the files that they manage.
• Work with persons going through difficult and emotional situations.
• Draft legal documents, including but not limited to estate planning documents, court pleadings, and written correspondence.
• Gather information, organize case files, and maintain documents.
• Work under pressure, manage competing deadlines, and produce a quality work product in a timely manner.
• Docket deadlines on firm and attorney calendar and ensure deadlines are met.
• Submit documents to caseworkers, the state, financial institutions, agencies, etc., and e-file documents with the court.
• Collaborate with colleagues and maintain a teamwork environment in the spirit of making sure that all necessary tasks are completed accurately and on time.
• Estate planning or elder law experience
• Three or more years of experience in a law office
• Proficiency at Word, Outlook, and the firm’s case management program (Clio)
• Working knowledge of Excel
This is a full-time position with benefits; however, if you are the right match for our firm but require a reduced-time (32-hour) work week, talk to us.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers