QR Code Link to This Post
Established in 1980, Oregon Spice Company provides superior quality herbs, spices, and custom blends to food manufacturers and food service distributors. We pride ourselves in sourcing products that our customers can use with confidence and trust.
A locally owned company, located in NE Portland close to the airport, we are committed to being outstanding in all we do. A supportive and healthy work environment is of paramount importance. Our values are reflected in how we treat our team members, with the average length of employment close to a decade. We have an opening for a full time Sanitation Associate.
Sanitation Associates are responsible for:
- Detailed cleaning and sanitizing of machinery used to manufacture food products.
- Cleaning of floors, walls, ceilings, furniture, etc
- Maintaining facility and surrounding area in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices and recognized Food Safety Standards
- Cleaning restrooms,
- Removing trash and/or recycling,
- Restocking paper supplies and liners
- Following daily sanitation schedule
- Following good sanitation practices and HACCP training
- Willing to learn and adhere to proper procedures in safety when working with moving machinery
- Decision making/problem solving skills and listening skills
- Knowledge of sanitation equipment and tools
- Knowledge of GMPs, Food Safety and Sanitation Procedures
- Ability to read and understand Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of chemical usage and prior sanitation regulations preferred
- Demonstrated record of good attendance
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to crouch, bend, and crawl to clean under machines
- Stand/walk 8-10 hours
What you will get:
- Medical and Vision insurance with employer contributions towards costs
- 100% employer sponsored Dental
- 100% employer sponsored Life and AD&D insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Retirement plan with employer contributions
- Paid Holidays Paid Sick and Vacation time
Schedule is graveyard shift 10pm – 6am
Salary to start $16.00, plus .75/hour shift differential.
COVID-19 considerations: We take the safety of employees and visitors to our facility seriously and are prepared to provide the recommended and/or required PPE.
Please apply online with Oregon Spice Company at: https://oregon-spice-company.hiringthing.com/job/211918/sanitation-associate?s=cl