compensation: Competitive pay and benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Warehouse Shift Leader – Portland, OR
Based in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly, and creates nearly 130,000 jobs indirectly. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world’s largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics.
Georgia-Pacific is currently seeking two Warehouse Shift Leaders for our Portland, OR Distribution Centers. The Warehouse Shift Leader should have flexibility to work at any of three locations, and will be responsible for 5-25 unionized hourly employees. Primary assignments will be a night shift schedule, but may vary with business need.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
A successful candidate will be self-driven with a passion for excellence in safety, leadership, and customer focus. Responsibilities will focus around safety, housekeeping, quality, and accuracy. Other responsibilities include:
• Perform all duties in the shipping/receiving office including customer service with truck drivers.
• Accurately process shipping paperwork.
• Dispatch work to the warehouse floor.
• Extensive use of Outlook communicating with all levels of the organization.
• Provide leadership to team members.
• Plan and direct all shipping and receiving daily.
• Ensure strict adherence to safety and housekeeping requirements.
• Troubleshoot and resolve operational issues both on the warehouse floor and in the office.
• Assign employees to tasks, roles and responsibilities.
• Ensure team compliance with policies, procedures, compliance standards, regulatory requirements and the labor agreement.
• Ensure that quality and accuracy expectations are followed and met on daily basis.
• Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook experience
• Knowledge of inventory control processes
• Strong problem solving/root-cause analysis skills
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced distribution environment
• Strong sense of accountability
• Strong commitment to Compliance and defined procedure and policies
• Strong communication, planning and organization skills
What You Will Need:
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Warehousing, transportation or inventory control experience
• Willing and able to work days, nights, holidays and weekends as needed
• Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
• Must be willing to sign a confidentiality agreement
What Will Put You Ahead?
• Experience with Warehouse and Labor management systems
Why Work For GP?
• A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
• Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
• Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
• Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
• Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
• Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We're part of your everyday life. From the walls of your home to the Dixie® plates on your table, the boxes at your local grocery store or the Quilted Northern® in your bathroom, there's a good chance a Georgia-Pacific product is nearby. We need people like you: People who can help us make life's simple necessities better.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
To apply go to www.gp.com/careers. Scroll down and click on "SEE ALL OPEN POSITIONS". In the field labeled "Keyword, location or job ID, enter 066711 and follow the directions to complete a profile and answer all assessment questions. Please do not contact us directly.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers