The Early Childhood Education Specialist II (ECES) provides holistic services to children and families through daily care, education, and recreation of children at the Family Relief Nursery; and by providing direct advocacy services to families. The ECES II provides emergent, child-directed, developmentally appropriate activities for children, and initiates and fosters positive guidance and behavior management practices for children and their families. As ECES II, role assesses needs and develops plans to provide support to families in distress through home visitation. The purpose is to enhance family stabilization, parental protection, and safety of children, and to connect families to community resources.
Education, Training and Experience:
• One of the following is required:
o Bachelor's degree in ECE, Child Development, Elementary Education, Special Education or a related field and one year of relevant experience;
• Ability to obtain QMHA certification within a year of hire date in accordance with OAR rules
• Experience working with diverse and multicultural families.
• Experience working with families involved in the child welfare system, domestic violence and drug/alcohol issues preferred.
• Solid knowledge base in home visitation, family engagement, cultural competency, crisis intervention, and parent/family education.
• Client service orientation.
• Effective communication skills.
• Good problem solving, time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
• Proficient in use of computers and technology
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
• This position requires current enrollment in the Oregon State Employment Department, Child Care Division, Criminal History Registry plus current first aid/CPR certification and ability to obtain Food Handler certification.
• An active driver's license, current insurance, reliable vehicle, and ability to pass our insurer's driving standards.
• Spanish Bilingual preferred.