Full Time, Full Benefits
Job Code: MC-157
(2 Open Positions)
Seeking Milieu Counselors to mentor adolescent girls (11-16 years) youth in a residential facility. The SAGE program fosters long-term stabilization for survivors of commercial sexual exploitation (CSEC). SAGE is intensive therapeutic program equipped to provide support to 12 girls at a time. The program provides access to psychiatric care, therapy, and Portland Public school teachers on site.
Milieu Counselors guide youth, by teaching them vocational and daily living skills.
As a Milieu Counselor at SAGE you’ll make a meaningful contribution to the program and the youth served by:
• Providing individual skill building and group work as needed
• Effectively supervising the milieu and daily activities utilizing a daily schedule
• Assisting in outings, providing active support and supervision of clients in the community
• Completing clinical critical incident reports as required
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides individual skill building and group work as needed
• Effectively supervises the milieu and daily activities utilizing a daily schedule
• Assists in outings, providing active support and supervision of clients in the community
• Completes clinical critical incident reports as required
Schedule: Overnight and swing shift available, please indicate your preference on application materials.
A $0.50 /hour pay differential will be applied for hours worked between 11:30pm-7:00am.
Education and Work Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• 1 year experience working with youth. Or a combination of education and experience related to working with youth
• Basic computer skills using word processing, spreadsheets, databases and email
• Meet agency driving requirements
• Must pass a DHS criminal background check.
• Language testing if applicable.
• Facility is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Shift may require day, evening, overnight and weekend
Starting Pay Range:
Milieu Counselor: $14.50- $14.83
Milieu Counselor (Bilingual): $15.81-$16.17
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
• Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job code “MC-157” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter. Indicate that you’re applying for the Milieu Counselor position.
• Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers