Location: RAHS East Campus with travel to other RAHS locations
Hours: Full-time with winter/spring/summer break off paid in alignment with RAHS school schedule
Reports to: Director of Family Outreach & Community Programs
Salary: $46,000-$51,000 annual salary
*To be considered for this position, please follow the Application Instructions at the end of this job posting*
Job Summary: POIC + RAHS is seeking a School-Based Mental Health Therapist. In this role you will provide comprehensive assessments, diagnosis, treatment planning, and psychotherapy to students and their families within the Rosemary Anderson High School community. You will also act as a liaison between the school and family, participate in program development, and maintain clinical records. The School-based Mental Health Therapist provides a range of intensive support using a targeted tier system for crisis management, individual/family counseling, skills group, and universal school support.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provide time-limited interventions that are delivered using various treatment modalities and combinations of services designed to reach treatment outcomes identified in the individual treatment plan.
• Provide individual skills focusing on mental health and mood regulation strategies.
• Complete the following tasks: conduct diagnostic assessments; create and follow treatment plans; collaborate with school staff, caregivers, and other involved providers; work collaboratively with culturally diverse populations; and other tasks as needed.
• Enhance school climate and broadly promote behavioral health, wellness, and school success for students, families and staff by conducting on-going needs assessments, building relationships and systematically seeking to reduce stigma.
• Ensure high quality, evidence-based prevention, intervention programs and services will be effectively delivered, evaluated and continuously improved through the use of standardized measures and outcomes.
• Conduct training and build school / community support for delivery of effective school based mental health services to students and their families.
• Assist in the coordination and facilitation of group services and provide weekly individual services for adolescents.
• Bilingual fluency in Spanish is a plus.
• A passion for POIC + RAHS mission and serving at-hope high school aged youth and young adults attending the Rosemary Anderson High School.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with youth and families of color. Diversity, inclusion and equity are fundamental values of POIC + RAHS.
• Experience in providing and documenting psychological Mental Health Assessments and Screenings including diagnosis as described in the DSM-V.
• Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills; effective communication skills (written and oral); ability to problem solve; ability to motivate, develop, and coach individuals and groups; ability to appropriately confront issues; and ability to think creatively.
• A strong commitment to furthering institutional performance measures through interdisciplinary teamwork is essential.
• Demonstrated knowledge of community resources and treatment agencies enabling appropriate referrals for specific client needs.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to high ethical and professional standards.
• Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Mental Health Counseling or related mental health field (QMHP) is required.
• Oregon license (i.e. Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed Psychologist) or registered intern in process for license required.
• Two (2) years of post-Master’s Degree experience in the emotional/behavioral assessment and treatment of individuals in a mental health setting, including experience with alcohol and other drug use.
• Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working with adolescents and families.
• Experience working with communities of color, in particular Latino and African-American youth and their families.
• Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher) and willingness to advance computer skills.
• Reliable Transportation. Some Travel required.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit:
1. Personal Statement that includes:
a. Why you are interested in working for POIC + RAHS
b. How your skills and experience relate to this position
c. What you can contribute to our organization and the youth we serve
Please send your Personal Statement and Resume to jobs @ portlandoic.org with the job title in the subject line. Applicants who do not submit a Personal Statement that includes the requested information may be disqualified from consideration for the position.
POIC + RAHS is committed to the success of youth at hope through the age of 25, providing the highest quality services in education, mentoring, family outreach, employment training, and placement.
• We believe all people have value.
• We believe all people can grow.
• We believe all people can contribute and build thriving communities.
Visit our website at www.portlandoic.org.
POIC + RAHS is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers