compensation: $40,000-$45,000 DOE employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The Northwest College of Construction, NWCOC is accepting applications for a full-time Apprenticeship Dispatcher & Coordinator. This involves the management of the day to day operations of one or more of our apprenticeship programs. This position requires a high level of organization, multitasking, coordination and ability to manage high stress all while managing competing deadlines.
NWCOC is a non-profit college that is small enough to train people but large enough to have opportunity for career growth. While we are a business we are a tight group who support each other and it feels like a family. We offer a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, Short-Term Disability, 401(k), Paid Time Off and more. The starting salary range for this position is $40,000.00-45,000.00, depending on experience.
Position Summary: (applicant will grow into these duties)
The Apprenticeship Coordinator assists the apprenticeship administrator with all aspects of the administrative duties of managing craft apprenticeship training programs. Duties include:
• Assist Front Desk – Assist with the front office tasks, including answering phones and greeting walk-ins.
• Database – Track, report, and data entry of committee records.
• Meeting Preparation – Prepare committee meeting agendas, re-rate worksheets, communication packets, academic plans, annotated minutes, BOLI minutes, corrective actions, etc.
• Management of Apprenticeship Records / Files – Make, maintain, update, and correct all aspects of creating and managing apprenticeship records both digitally and in hard copy form.
• Dispatch – Match applicants with training agent requests, process paperwork and shepherd new apprentices through our requirements and regulations.
• Intake - Work with applicants to help them with application paperwork, do intake, maintain qualified applicant logs, out of work lists, process rejections, etc.
• Public Speaking – Conduct general information sessions, apprenticeship orientations, classroom raps, recruit at career fairs, etc.
• Reconcile Records - digitize and crosscheck documents for accuracy across departments.
• MPR Coordination – Receive and process the apprentice’s monthly progress reports, quantify error records and notify clients of corrections.
• Reporting – Provide oral and written reports. Conduct annual wage survey.
• Other – Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Experience – 1+ years’ experience working with apprenticeship programs preferred. Or, for the right candidate, we will accept 3+ years’ administrative/clerical experience with no or little Apprenticeship Coordinator experience.
• Computer Skills – Proficient with MS Office products.
• Experience with FileMaker Pro is preferred.
• Ability to read bookkeeping reports, a plus.
• General Skills – Individuals who are highly organized and able to multitask in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful, environment will excel as a Coordinator.
• Required: Attention to detail and ability to organize and prioritize projects to meet strict deadlines.
• Required: Able to work productively, independently and accurately, without many detailed instructions, and cooperatively with others.
• Required: Ability to effectively communication orally and in writing, provide superior customer service, and problem solve.
• Time Management Skills: Ability to prioritize multiple projects, competing deadlines and to change priorities quickly and frequently.
The Northwest College of Construction is a privately funded, non-profit educational facility. Our Mission is to promote life-long learning by delivering craft, technical, supervisory and management education to workers and managers at all levels in the construction industry.