compensation: $13.56 per hour; 8 paid holidays (pro-rated); medical, vision, prescription, and alternative care coverage; 3 weeks of paid time off based on a 30-hour work week; 401k retirement plan with up to 3% employer match; mileage reimbursement employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Are you passionate about social justice? Would you like to work for one of the best non-profits in Oregon? If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect position for you!
UCP Oregon is a unique, empowering and exciting place to work! We’re currently seeking a “Job Coach” to join our team within the Supported Employment department.
As a Job Coach, you’ll support a small caseload of adults who experience various disabilities. You’ll support your clients in community-based jobs and you’ll get to work with them one-on-one. Most of your time will be spent at various job locations in Multnomah and Clackamas County. At the various job sites you will develop diverse supports for your clients, help them learn new tasks, strengthen skills, and check in with their managers and co-workers about their progress. Another responsibility is to develop an individualized transportation plan so your client can successfully get to/from their job. On occasion, you will need to provide transportation for the client if public transportation is not available.
You will work Friday through Sunday for a total of 26 hours; in addition you will do administrative tasks for 4 hours on a day of your choosing back at our Northeast Portland office. On Friday and Saturday, you will work up to a 10.5-hour shift between the hours of 10am to 11pm (10-hours of paid work plus .5 hour of unpaid lunch). On Sunday, you will work up to a 6-hour shift between the hours of 6am to 4pm. Some flexibility may be necessary, as the hours will vary depending on your clients’ work schedules. You are guaranteed 30 hours of paid work each week.
Back at our Northeast Portland office, you’ll collaborate with our supportive team, document your daily activities, generate monthly status reports, and help develop your caseload’s Individual Support Plans. You will be managing your own daily schedule around your clients’ support needs with the guidance of your supervisor.
This is a great job for people who would like to transition into the field of Supported Employment, and for people who want to make a huge difference every day. This is an ideal opportunity to learn case management responsibilities and use your creative abilities to design adaptations for your clients to be successful in the workplace. You will also gain experience in client advocacy, networking, and developing professional relationships with employers and fellow support providers in the Portland Metro Area.
• $13.56 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
• Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
• Great medical, vision, prescription, and alternative (including massage therapy and naturopathy) coverage, for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and dependents.
• 401k retirement plan with up to 3% employer match.
• 3 weeks of paid time off based on a 30-hour work week totaling 90 PTO hours in your first year. PTO increases to 120 hours after 5 years of service at UCP.
• 8 paid holidays off per year (pro-rated).
• Mileage reimbursement.
• Cell phone reimbursement.
• Eligible for placement and retention bonuses (up to $250 each bonus).
• On-going paid training.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Be able to drive on the job: have a reliable personal vehicle, be at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance program), a valid driver’s license, at least 3 years driving experience, auto insurance, and a relatively clean driving record.
• Must pass a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, reference check, and criminal history background check.
• Experience in developmental disability field and previous coaching/mentoring experience preferred but not required
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Job Coach (Friday-Sunday)” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• UCP is eager to hire a “Job Coach” as soon as possible so applicants will be considered as soon as they apply.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
Find out more about UCP’s Supported Employment team at: https://www.facebook.com/employportland.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities