compensation: $15.00-$16.00 per hour; overtime pay for hours worked over 40; medical/dental benefits; 3 weeks of paid time off; 8 paid holidays off per year; 401k retirement plan; mileage reimbursement employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Are you seeking a different kind of Administrative Assistant position, one where you get to make a difference every day?
Then UCP Oregon might have the perfect job for you! We support children and adults who experience all kinds of disabilities, assisting them to live the life of their dreams. We’re ranked as one of the 100 Best Non-Profit Employers in Oregon.
UCP is currently seeking a full-time Recruiting & Human Resources Assistant. This is a professional level job with lots of independence but requires close collaboration with the Recruitment Manager, Recruiter, and Human Resources Director. If you are interested in learning more about recruiting and human resources, this position is ideal for you!
Assisting with recruiting at UCP is fast-paced and requires a high level of accuracy to create a smooth onboarding process for new employees and UCP managers. UCP is seeking an individual who excels at analyzing and streamlining current processes, and also has the technical ability to create user-friendly processes that simplify our current tracking systems.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, be detail-oriented, intuitive, and enjoy working with a diverse group of applicants and employees. They will be adept at communicating with department managers and able to solve problems on the fly. This individual will be skilled at making good judgment calls and maintaining applicant/new hire confidentiality.
You will partner closely with our Recruitment Manager and Recruiter, assisting with the recruiting process and onboarding of new hires, including:
• Posting job ads to UCP’s applicant tracking system, craigslist, and college/community job boards.
• Setting up phone and in-person interview appointments for the Recruitment Manager.
• Responding to applicant inquiries and providing status updates by phone and email.
• Discussing with applicants that are not chosen for a particular position about other job opportunities at UCP.
• Completing email and phone reference checks for applicants.
• Coordinating all pre-hire paperwork and screenings, including creating new hire letters and other paperwork, conducting new hire meetings, conducting criminal history checks, and scheduling medical and fitness exams.
• After new employees start, completing the onboarding processes and all new hire documentation.
• Processing transfers and terms for current employees.
• Entering data into our applicant tracking systems (ADP, Workable, and Excel databases).
• Updating the performance evaluation database and generating reports.
• Collecting recruitment data to create reports identifying current recruiting trends.
• Planning, marketing, and implementing effective retention strategies in collaboration with the Recruitment Manager and Recruiter.
• Attending job fairs to promote UCP’s job opportunities.
• Completing all documentation in a timely fashion.
• Additional duties as assigned by the Recruitment Manager.
You will also provide some support to our Human Resources Director, including:
• Assisting with coordinating workers’ compensation claims.
• Occasionally covering the front desk, including managing a busy phone line, interacting with visitors, and handling petty cash.
Hours & Location:
• This is a 40-hour a week job. Typical schedule will be Monday-Friday, 8:30am to 5pm. During the weekdays, some evening hours may be required to lead retention activities, trainings, or classes. When you are scheduled to work in the evening, your daytime schedule will be modified to maintain a 40-hour work week.
• Our office is located near NE 102nd Avenue & Burnside.
• $15.00-$16.00 per hour, DOE. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
• Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
• Great medical, vision, prescription, and alternative care coverage (including massage therapy and naturopathy) for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
• 3 weeks of paid time off, rising to 4 weeks after 5 years of service at UCP.
• 8 paid holidays off.
• 401k retirement plan with up to 3% employer match.
• Additional paid two-week sabbatical (one-time only) after five years of service.
• Mileage reimbursement if choosing to drive for UCP.
• Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
• Two plus years of experience performing executive assistant or administrative duties.
• Proficient in the use of databases, Microsoft Office suite, and Outlook.
• Ability to use a wide variety of software and programs to build reports, create forms, and analyze data.
• Can pass an extensive criminal history check in order to qualify as a Qualified Entity Designee and conduct criminal history checks.
• Applicants with recruiting or executive assistant experience will be strongly preferred.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Recruiting & Human Resources Assistant” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about us at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities