compensation: $18/hr PLUS 20% Rent Discount! employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Are you looking for a community manager position on a lovely property in SW Portland, close to shopping, parks and major highways? Are you friendly and approachable with tenants, vendors and other employees--while always remaining the consummate professional? Colony Park is looking for a new manager! This property has 62 apartment homes, a clubhouse, a playground, extra storage and carports available, and on-site laundry. EXPERIENCE IN THE FIELD OF PROPERTY MANAGEMENT is required for this position. Eligible for health insurance the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
The Property Manager is required to live onsite, and will receive a 20% rent discount on a TWO-BEDROOM apartment! There is a separate office. The Property Manager is responsible for all aspects of leasing apartments, and ensuring that the grounds and common areas look their best. The schedule is Monday through Friday, 9am to 6pm.
RESPONSIBILITIES, ABILITIES and REQUIREMENTS
The Property Manager is responsible for showing units, screening prospective residents, collection and tracking of payments, preparation of paperwork and notices; maintaining files and records as well as grounds and common areas. Maintaining courteous relations with residents and vendors is essential to this position. An ability to oversee and direct a team of two people is key to this position.
- Tour prospective tenants
- Lease units
- Responsible for renewal paperwork, leases, reports and other documents
- Marketing vacancies
- Scheduling vendors, turn overs and repairs
- Strong customer service skills
- Computer knowledge
- Collection and deposit of rents
- Experience with AMSI or YARDI a PLUS!
• Basic MS Office including Word, Outlook and Excel
• Ability to navigate the internet
• Working knowledge of smartphone technology including phone calls, texting, sending/responding to email, photos
• Basic math skills (adding, subtracting, multiplication, division and percentages)
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Basic knowledge of property management best practices including Fair Housing law and Landlord Tenant Law
• Superior attention to detail
• Sound judgement and follow through
• Composure under pressure and willingness to learn and take direction
• First class customer service
• Two years related multi-family experience
• Supervisory skills a plus
The Onsite Manager must have great customer service skills, be punctual and detail oriented. The Onsite Manager must also have excellent communication skills, strong organizational skills and be self-motivated and energetic. Our Onsite Manager should also possess the ability to learn quickly while paying attention to detail. Applicant must be able to pass a skills test, and if offered the position they must be able to pass a background investigation including criminal history. Previous experience in the field of property management required.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should reply to this ad and attach their resume in PDF format. Applicants invited for a personal interview will be asked to complete an employment application.
THE C&R MISSION STATEMENT
Our goal is to create a place where employees are respected, where customer service is our top priority, where success and results are part of our life, and where people can have fun. Above all, employees can be proud to be working for one of the best real estate service companies in the industry.
C&R Real Estate Services Co. is a privately held third party management and brokerage company based in Portland, Oregon. Established in 1969, we have been providing our clients exceptional services for over four decades. Serving both Oregon and Washington, C&R is an industry leader in delivering superior results for both commercial and residential assets. We believe that our commitment to excellence, flexibility and client servicing, sets us apart from the competition. We have built a solid foundation of knowledge, experience and resources over the course of our history, while always adhering to our core values of honesty and integrity. Our website can be viewed at www.crrealestate.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers