Girl Scouts of Oregon and Southwest Washington is seeking a Retail Manager. The Retail Manager is responsible for the everyday management and customer satisfaction of the Portland retail shop, the Shop on the Go, and supporting the Camp Trading Posts. This role requires some travel to other locations, and driving a small bus – the Shop on the Go (no special license required, training provided).
Our Organization: We are the preeminent leadership development organization for girls. We serve to help every girl discover their strengths and unlock their full potential. We prepare girls to empower themselves to be leaders in their lives and in the world. Girl Scouts is Girl-led, volunteer-supported, and over 20,000 strong throughout our service area. Through scouting, we help girls builds courage, confidence, and character to make the world a better place. We believe:
- Every girl has the power to change the world.
- Our job is to provide programs, facilities, and support.
- Our duty is to help members and volunteers maximize their positive impact.
- Our employees deserve great benefits for doing great work.
The Position: This is a full-time, exempt position, with base compensation starting $40,000 annually.
- Benefits include health insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, short-term disability
- We also provide a generous retirement plan, paid time off, and paid holidays
- See more details on our website: www.girlscoutsosw.org/en/our-council/careers
- Retail management (at least 2 years)
- Customer service and sales skills
- Team leadership
- Excellent communication
- Point of sale software and equipment
- High degree of organization skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Composure under stress
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Preferred – Associate’s degree or higher
- Store opening and closing procedures
- Utilizes sound merchandising techniques in selling and promoting Girl Scout merchandise in the Girl Scout council shop
- Maintains knowledge of official uniforms and the Girl Scout badges as well as information regarding selling points of new items
- Displays and promotes merchandise, adapting Girl Scout Merchandising planogram
- Ensures accuracy and security for receipting of store and business transactions and the reconciliation of those transactions
- Completes daily sales reconciliation, bank deposits and weekly sales reporting to the finance and retail departments, both timely and accurately
- Ensures adequate, appropriate stock for the sales floor and Shop on the Go by overseeing ordering and restocking of merchandise
- Makes merchandising and promotional decisions for the Portland shop, in cooperation with the director
- Schedule store staff to maintain adequate levels of customer service
- Hire and train store staff as needed
- Drive the Shop on the Go Bus to events, set up, manage and close
- Manage additional offsite retail events
- Assist in the setup and stocking of Summer Camp Trading Posts
- Ongoing inventory management including the annual inventory process
- Participates in the planning process to provide input to the development of responsive and fiscally sound services
- Support other GSOSW other locations, as needed, including travel to locations
The Location: This position works out of our Southwest Portland Service Center Retail Shop. We are close to Downtown, Beaverton, and Hillsboro, near Multnomah Village. This position also requires travel to events and our other locations throughout Oregon and Southwest Washington, up to 20% of the time.
Why you should apply:
- Meaningful Work. Get paid to support an amazing nonprofit organization and make a positive difference in the world, every day
- Supportive Culture. Our culture is supportive and collaborative. The same principles that apply to our members, apply to our staff, because we are members too!
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion. We encourage, value and honor diversity, and support an culture of equity and inclusion. We are committed to fostering racial and ethnic diversity at every level of the organization. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Health Benefits. We offer generous health, dental, and vision plan options, some with no employee premium costs
- Retirement Contribution. Eligible employees receive 3.5% employer contribution, no employee match required
- Paid Time Off. Full-time employees can earn up to 22 days of PTO per year, and 11 paid holidays per year
- Peace of mind. Eligible employees receive employer paid Life/AD&D, Long Term Disability, and Short Term Disability Insurance
How to Apply:
- Submit your application with resume via our careers site at www.vscyberhosting.com/girlscoutsosw/Careers.aspx?type=CAREERSMAIN
- Applications not submitted through our website will not be considered
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers