Full Job Description:
QR Code Link to This Post
Work with a team who are passionate about Home Furnishings.
City Home, nominated for Best of Portland 2019, is a Lifestyle home goods store rooted in our love for industrial, modern, and vintage furniture and home decor. We value the quality of our products and our exceptional customer service. We are looking for a full-time Warehouse Shipping and Receiving Manager to work at our main store in SE Portland, OR.
The Warehouse Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of the warehouse and supervises the staff ensuring an accurate inventory, expedient movement of merchandise and a safe and effective team environment.
The Warehouse Manager works with the Operations Manager to effectively ensure that productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly. The Warehouse Manager helps complete the customer experience by providing friendly and efficient service to our customers especially during merchandise pickups.
The Warehouse Manager reports to both the Owner and the Operations Manager.
- Obtain and maintain comprehensive knowledge of our products (i.e., dimensions and weight, assembly, construction materials) in the course of safely storing, moving, and assembling our merchandise.
- Understand, adhere to and enforce our company policies and procedures.
- Ensure accurate shipping, receiving and movement of product.
- Use efficient and safe racking, placement of merchandise in the warehouse by maximizing available space for storage of goods.
- Train staff in all aspects of warehouse operations including customer service techniques.
- Delegate work and/or performing work individually and follow up to make sure projects are completed.
- Transport incoming merchandise to correct areas if warehouse.
- Locate, load and unload merchandise into customers’ cars and delivery trucks
- Use computer POS System to look up customer information, inventory quantities, inventory transfers, and adjust inventory when necessary to match with physical counts.
- Match product to invoice, packing slip or bill of lading accurately.
- Organize and Manage stock transfers of product between our 3 locations.
- Exemplify a team approach and be open and honest in communication and help others when they need assistance.
- Assist in daily opening or closing procedures consistent with policy and procedure.
- Maintain parts and hardware inventory and information and order for the store and customers as needed.
- Understand and cross train in sales and sales support so assistance can be offered anywhere your efforts are needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by Operations Manager and Owner.
-HS Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years prior Warehouse experience necessary
- 3+ years Supervisory experience necessary
-Must possess/maintain a valid Oregon Driver’s License
-Heavy lifting up to 50 lbs. unassisted
-Excellent customer service, team, and communication skills
-Experience working with computerized inventory systems
-Demonstrated attention to detail and reliability
-Able to read and understand work orders, shipping and receiving paperwork
-Experience in operation of the various equipment including but not limited to pallet jacks, and hand tools
-Point of Sale experience helpful but not required
-Able to successfully complete our pre-employment background check, physical and drug screenings
City Home Offers:
-Medical and Vision Health benefits
-Work life balance- Paid Time Off (PTO)
-Fun and rewarding work
-Visually inspiring workplace
-Family-oriented team environment
-Generous merchandise discounts
-$18 - $20/hr negotiable DOE
-Benefits eligibility depends on scheduled hours.