QR Code Link to This Post
The position will hold responsibility for assisting in the manufacturing of Sedia's immunoassay product lines encompassing lateral flow and ELISA test. The holder of this position is expected to follow the guidance of their direct supervisor to assist in delivering company products in a timely and cost effective manner. The position will contribute in building product subassemblies or final assemblies. The Manufacturing Technician will adhere to all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures for health, safety, and environmental compliance.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Production Manager or designate
Duties and Responsibilities
• Test products or subassemblies for functionality or quality.
• Collect hazardous or non-hazardous waste in correctly labeled containers and transfer them to collection areas.
• Prepare and assemble materials.
• Set up and operate production equipment in accordance with current good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures.
• Start up and shut down processing equipment.
• Clean production equipment or work areas.
• Measure and record data associated with operating equipment.
• Analyze data under the guidance of their direct supervisor.
• Fill out manufacturing batch records and work with QA during each step.
• Maintain inventory of job materials.
• Must operate in a Bio Safety Level-2 laboratory handling blood-borne pathogens with provided training.
• Follow all company policies and procedures to ensure product integrity and quality control.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
• High school diploma required or Associate's degree in a laboratory discipline (biology, chemistry, biochemistry, or a related field) preferred.
• Academic (college) laboratory training or a minimum 1 year of laboratory work experience.
• Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of MS Word and Excel required, and MS Outlook preferred. Analyzing data in an Excel base program or similar database is required.
• Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills.
• Experience of using own initiative and needing minimal supervision.
• Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and multi-task efficiently.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and work to deadlines.
• Experience working in a Quality System regulated environment (e.g. GMP, ISO13485) is preferred.
Compensation Package dependent on experience. Benefits include paid medical, dental and vision insurance and paid time off.
Please read carefully. We consider attention to detail an important qualification for new hires. Improperly prepared or submitted applications may be delayed in routing to the appropriate hiring manager or may not be considered.
Only candidates who apply with a resume and cover letter by email or U.S. mail will be considered. First and Last Name, Mailing Address and Contact Information (email address, phone number or preferably both) must be provided. Be sure your cover letter clearly states the position(s) for which you are applying and any preferences about how to contact you.
Application by Email:
This method is preferred and will receive the fastest consideration. Submit your resume and cover letter as an attachment in either RTF, Word, or PDF format to email@example.com. No other formats including links to other internet addresses will be accepted and emails with such links will be deleted without opening.
In the Subject Line of your email, enter: "Your last name, your first name, middle initial (middle initial optional), and Job Title (that you are applying for)". For example, "Smith, Mary R, Senior R&D Scientist". If you are applying for multiple positions, please submit separate emails for each position. If you do not use this format, your application may be delayed in getting to the hiring manager.
Application by U.S. Mail:
Submit your resume and cover letter to the address below. On the mailing address outside, send to the attention of HR indicating the position you are applying for. You may list multiple positions in the attention line. Only one cover letter/resume needs to be sent if you are applying for multiple positions.
Sedia Biosciences Corp.
Attention: HR (List positions you are applying for, separated by commas, here).
4900 NE 122nd Ave.
Portland OR 97230
ABOUT SEDIA BIOSCIENCES
Sedia is a privately held medical device and diagnostics company founded in 2009 and based in Portland Oregon. Sedia is committed to the development of novel epidemiological and diagnostic assays and clinical specimen collection products intended to expand access to healthcare worldwide. For additional information or for other available positions, see our website at www.sediabio.com.