Solar and Home Performance - Salesperson
Neil Kelly Company, a 70-year-old, family-owned residential remodeling contractor, has an opening for someone with experience residential solar sales, general residential construction and/or remodeling, knowledge of residential energy efficiency, and an interest in helping homeowners improve their home’s energy efficiency and indoor air quality.
This position will work in our Solar and Home Performance division. Neil Kelly people bring the expertise and resources to get the job done right, with outstanding professionalism, thoroughness and craftsmanship our clients expect. The Solar and Home Performance Salesperson is responsible for converting leads into lasting client relationships, packaging and selling projects that will meet the quality and profit standards established by Neil Kelly Company, and delighting our customers.
Benefits and Compensation
• Base Salary + Commission with Benefits
• Cell phone reimbursement - $55 month
• Interviewing the client in order to determine solar and/or home performance needs, budget, and financing needs. Assisting clients to obtain financing if required.
• Estimating, presenting and selling the project.
• Providing the Neil Kelly Company with signed contract, specifications, sketches or plans as needed, cost sheet, selections, rescission papers, notice of right to lien, and all other pertinent project paperwork and details. (Drafting support services are available)
• Arranging and scheduling necessary meetings with the client.
• Working with a Project Manager to schedule staff Solar Installers, Carpenters, site visits, and consulting regularly with the job trade contractors and other workers.
• Coordinating a timely billing process (down payments, progress payments, and final billing) with the office staff, and reviewing all for accuracy, collecting payments from clients.
• Maintaining a company-provided presentation book, product catalogs, and pricing information.
What does it take to be a Neil Kelly Salesperson?
• Combination of education and/or experience that provides knowledge in: solar, home performance / energy efficiency systems, housing, construction, remodeling design and construction, local building codes, cost estimating and specification writing
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Skill presenting ideas and recommendations effectively
• Excellent problem analysis, diagnostic, and solution skills
• Time management skills
• Ability to organize and manage a variety of residential projects, and to deliver and produce projects within approved time schedules and budgets
• Customer service and client interaction skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Sales skills
• Able to pass a drug screening and abide by drug free workplace standards
• Able to negotiate a variety of jobsite physical conditions, uneven surfaces, stairs, ladders. Some climbing, stooping, crawling, reaching is required during the course of this work.
• Able to pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR/DMV) check
• Able to pass a criminal background and security check
Neil Kelly Company
Neil Kelly is a nationally recognized residential design-build remodeling firm with multiple design centers serving clients throughout Oregon and Washington. Our vision puts heartfelt caring at its core—we care about our people, our clients and our planet. We are a Certified B Corporation, and have been ranked among the 100 Best Green Workplaces in Oregon. Neil Kelly is renowned for sustainable building and business practices. Our sound fiscal foundation enables us to do important work for both our clients and our communities for over seven decades.
Though we’re best known for award-winning home remodeling, Neil Kelly offers a comprehensive range of services for Northwest homeowners. We provide clients with the experience and capability to enhance the functionality, beauty and value of their homes. As one of the largest remodeling companies in the U.S., a second-generation family owned company with more than 35,000 completed jobs, Neil Kelly Company stands on a solid reputation of success.
Our employees take pride in working for a company built on a strong reputation of award winning designs, unparalleled craftsmanship and high quality client service. Our employees share a passion for commitment to quality, dedication to communication and collaboration, and an inspirational combination of teamwork and entrepreneurial spirit.
Neil Kelly is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Because of our commitment to ensuring the utmost safety and security for our clients and employees, we are a drug free workplace. Final candidates will be submitted for a background, reference check, and drug screen.