compensation: Competitive; DOE employment type: employee's choice telecommuting okay
QR Code Link to This Post
compensation: Competitive; DOE
employment type: part to full time
In this role, you will be a programmer/developer for a supply chain and logistics platform which operates on desktop, tablet and mobile devices. The SaaS is currently in use by a several firms, but we are planning on expanding our customer base to include many more. In order to do this, we need great software developers like you!
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to multitask amongst various aspects of the application as well as debug software and user problems. This is a key element to being considered for this position. The individual needs to not only have excellent organizational and communication skills and a strong grasp of the English language, but also the ability to manage his own work load without too much oversight. You will be working at home, but will report to a project manager and be required to meet with the CTO as well as other personnel from time to time. The head office for the contractor is in Swan Island in the Portland area. For this reason, we prefer someone living in the Portland/Vancouver area.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and at least 5 year progressive development experience, primarily focused on web applications.
* Extensive background in L(A|N)MP development.
* REST, SOAP APIs
* EDI processing and parsing
* Extensive experience designing, querying, and updating databases in MySQL.
* Advanced understanding of object oriented principles
* Experience with test driven development
* Basic knowledge of the Linux/Unix command-line.
* Server administration experience is a real plus
* Self-directed with ability to work at home and organize / manage your work
* Ability to interact with technical and non-technical team members and external clients
* Excellent verbal/written communication, presentation, customer service, and analytical skills.
* Excellent References
NICE TO HAVE:
* DevOps experience
* AWS experience
* Project management experience
* Mobile development experience
OUR TECH STACK:
WHAT WE OFFER
* Work at Home (We keep in touch with Google Hangouts and regular video conferences).
* Work as a consultant for a fast-growing company with potential for direct hire if desired
* Hourly wage based on experience
Please send resume that includes previous job experience with details and with the skills listed above. Please also send hourly payment requirements.
PS: If you are really interested in this role send us your best code repository on Github.
We look forward to your application.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers