compensation: $20.25 - $30.25 per hour employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Portland Parks & Recreation is looking for an enthusiastic and fun-loving Boxing Instructor! Currently we are looking for an instructor to fill in for classes at the Matt Dishman Community Center. The ideal candidate will be available to teach classes on Monday from 5:30-7:30pm and/or Saturday 9-10:15am.
Applications are accepted year round and kept on file for 90 days. After 90 days you are welcome to apply again, as needs are always changing. Applications can be filled out electronically, saved and emailed to the address below; printed, completed and mailed in; or submitted in person at the address below or at any PP&R Community Center. Only completed applications will be considered. Qualified candidates will be contacted as relevant positions become available. For more information about applying please visit http://www.portlandoregon.gov/parks/38305
Submit applications via mail to: Portland Parks & Recreation 305 NE 102nd Ave, Suite 250, Portland, OR, 97220
This is a part-time position with flexible hours. Work hours can be assigned verbally and depend on enrollment levels, needs of the program, and other factors. There is no guarantee of the number of hours needed each week nor the number of hours worked from week to week. Employees in this position serve at will.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of principles, practices and rules related to fitness classes for ages 20+.
2. Ability to prepare and present lessons/activities for programs and classes.
3. Skill in leading a classes while educating and motivating participants in a positive manner.
4. Skill in communicating effectively with members of the public, participants and co-workers.
5. Ability to work with diverse populations.
6. Ability to recognize and respond to safety and emergency situations.
7. Skill in problem solving and responding to customer concerns.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work within the established framework to develop and deliver lessons and curriculum based on program objectives.
2. Provide instruction and group management techniques as needed.
3. Communicate with staff regarding supplies, space, and other needs.
4. Develop a rapport with participants and respond to questions and concerns.
5. Take and track participant attendance and activity evaluations; observe participant progress and discuss with participants when appropriate.
6. Set up and take down equipment as necessary.
7. Open and/or close and secure classroom or building.
8. Foster an environment that is organized, safe and welcoming.
9. Maintain excellent communication with all staff and customers through verbal and written means.
10. Assist customers with registration forms, including emergency information forms and scholarship applications.
11. Print/post activity notices, schedules, marketing flyers, and posters.
12. Attend all mandatory staff meetings and required trainings.
13. Follow all Portland Parks and Recreation rules, policies, and procedures.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers