Finnmark Property Services is a family owned general contracting business specializing in Multi-Family exterior renovation and maintenance projects. We are looking for a General Foreman for our Capital Improvements department with extensive experience in the construction and renovation industry.
Finnmark is a company where you are respected for the skills, contributions and positive attitude you bring to work each day. We value honesty, accountability, and integrity in the work we perform and the way we treat our Finnmark family and clients.
Responsible for coordinating project operations and overseeing subcontractors and team members while working alongside them. The General Foreman will work directly with the Finnmark Project Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Leads and/or guides the work of the construction crew and subcontractors; provides training and monitors performance.
2. Assists in surveying buildings to determine repairs needed.
3. Create & track change orders.
4. Relay pertinent information, updates and reports to project manager on a daily basis.
5. Maintain a clean job site: pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day.
6. Use and maintain assigned tools, equipment, materials, and/or fleet vehicles in a safe, responsible and professional manner. Fills out maintenance logs, check-in/out, etc.
7. Work at heights, roped in using OHSA approved PPE and safety equipment. Move large ladders in a safe and efficient manner.
8. Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas. Take appropriate action to ensure the safety of self and others.
9. Hold weekly safety, efficiency, and professional reporting meetings with staff.
10. Assist in purchasing, inventory management, and loading and unloading of materials.
11. Monitor and control the performance of on-site subcontractors.
12. Meet with city inspectors during permit inspections.
13. Work with onsite management to efficiently schedule all phases of construction.
14. Assist in the hiring process for Finnmark field labor.
1. Demonstrate leadership, strong communication ability and is capable to problems solve in stressful situations.
2. Strong work ethic---meeting or exceeding assigned performance quotas.
3. Positive attitude when faced with work challenges, including, but not limited to, performing last minute requests based on our client’s needs.
4. Professional, polite, and ethical with clients, tenants, fellow employees, and members of the public.
5. Knowledge of OSHA safety regulations as pertaining to assigned job duties. Lead safety meetings, complete any required paperwork and enforce job site safety.
6. Possess valid driver’s license.
7. Able to take and pass OHSA safety training course.
8. Industry trade certificates demonstrating competency are encouraged but not required.
9. Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
10. Must have knowledge of current local building code.
1. Great Salary
2. Paid Time Off
3. Quality Medical Insurance
4. Company Provided Vehicle, Cell Phone, Laptop
Your resume will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications and how you meet the requested skills for the position to which you have applied. Only the candidates whose experience most closely match the qualifications and requested skills of this position will be invited to an interview.
If you are offered employment, the offer will be contingent upon the outcome of criminal and drivers records check. Finnmark Property Services is committed to affirmative action, equal employment opportunity and workplace diversity.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 /year
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers