compensation: $24-$26 per hour + commission + Union benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Journey-level Sales Carpenter Handyman Services
Neil Kelly Company, a 70-year-old, family-owned residential remodeling contractor, has openings for uniquely talented Journey-Level Carpenters with a talent for sales.
This position will work in our Handyman Services division, where Neil Kelly skilled carpenters bring their expertise and high work standards to clients’ home repair, replacement, and refinishing projects. From small repairs to large, complex projects, our Handyman pros have the expertise and resources to get the job done right, and the outstanding professionalism, thoroughness and craftsmanship expected of Neil Kelly. The Journey-Level Sales Carpenter is responsible for converting leads into lasting client relationships, packaging and selling projects that will meet the quality and profit standards established by Neil Kelly Company, and delight our customers.
Benefits and Compensation
• Residential Carpenter Union Wages –$24 to $26/hour plus Sales Commission
• Residential Carpenter Union Benefits
• Employer paid health/vision/dental premiums for whole family
• Employer paid retirement/pension
• Union Vacation/Time-off savings and distribution plans
• Tool allowance – up to $187 month (based on hours worked)
• Cell phone reimbursement - $55 month
• Mileage reimbursement
• Interviewing the client in order to determine remodeling/repair, budget, and financing needs. Assisting with the client’s obtaining financing if required.
• Estimating, presenting and selling the project.
• Providing the Neil Kelly Company with signed contract, specifications, sketches or plans as needed, cost sheet, selections, rescission papers, notice of right to lien, and all other pertinent project paperwork and details.
• Arranging and scheduling necessary meetings with the client.
• Managing the project through site visits and consulting regularly with the job trade contractors and workers.
• Coordinating a timely billing process (down payments, progress payments, and final billing) with the office staff, and reviewing all for accuracy, collecting payments from clients.
• Maintaining a company-provided presentation book, product catalogs, and pricing information.
What does it take to be a Neil Kelly Journey-Level Sales Carpenter?
• Combination of education and/or experience that provides knowledge in: housing, construction, remodeling design and construction, local building codes, cost estimating and specification writing
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Skill presenting ideas and recommendations effectively
• Excellent problem analysis, diagnostic, and solution skills
• Time management skills
• Ability to deliver and produce projects within approved time schedules and budgets
• The right tools to do the job
• Pickup truck with canopy, or utility type van
• Customer service and client interaction skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Sales skills
• Able to pass a drug screening and abide by drug free workplace standards
• Able to pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR/DMV) check
• Able to pass a criminal background and security check
• Able to perform physical exertion including: carrying, lifting, climbing, crawling, stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, and hauling
• Able to lift, on a regular basis: between 50-100 pounds, including regular lifting of 30-50 pounds overhead, and occasionally lifting up to 75-90 pounds overhead
• Meet company and OSHA safety requirements
• Obtain/maintain current First Aid/CPR certification
• All Neil Kelly carpenters in Oregon are Union - must be a member of the Union or join upon hire
Neil Kelly Company
Neil Kelly is a nationally recognized residential design-build remodeling firm with multiple design centers serving clients throughout Oregon and Washington. Our vision puts heartfelt caring at its core—we care about our people, our clients and our planet. We are a Certified B Corporation, and have been ranked among the 100 Best Green Workplaces in Oregon. Neil Kelly is renowned for sustainable building and business practices. Our sound fiscal foundation enables us to do important work for both our clients and our communities for over seven decades.
Though we’re best known for award-winning home remodeling, Neil Kelly offers a comprehensive range of services for Northwest homeowners. We provide clients with the experience and capability to enhance the functionality, beauty and value of their homes. As one of the largest remodeling companies in the U.S., a second-generation family owned company with more than 35,000 completed jobs, Neil Kelly Company stands on a solid reputation of success.
Our employees take pride in working for a company built on a strong reputation of award winning designs, unparalleled craftsmanship and high quality client service. Our employees share a passion for residential design, commitment to quality, dedication to communication and collaboration, and an inspirational combination of teamwork and entrepreneurial spirit.
Neil Kelly is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Because of our commitment to ensuring the utmost safety and security for our clients and employees, we are a drug free workplace. Final candidates will be submitted for a background, reference check, and drug screen.
Link to this job
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers