compensation: $35.00 to $45.00 per hour, based upon experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Lead Power Equipment Mechanic
Pacific Rail Services (PRS)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Salary: $35.00 to $45.00 per hour, based upon experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, 401(k) and Paid Leave
Pacific Rail Services (PRS) is looking for ambitious, capable, and skilled technicians to join our network of over 2,500 employees nationwide. PRS is an industry leader in all aspects of railroad terminal operations including maintenance. We are now hiring an experienced, safety conscious Lead Power Equipment Mechanic to oversee and perform maintenance, service and repair on a variety of equipment used in the daily activities of an intermodal terminal, including: Intermodal Lift Equipment, Yard Hostling Diesel Tractors, Street Legal Diesel Tractors, and Pick-Up Trucks. This position offers excellent opportunities for advancement into a Regional Management role at PRS.
1. Be proficient and experienced with maintenance, diagnosis and repairs of lift equipment and diesel tractor maintenance.
2. Adhere to company, railroad and industry safety rules and policies.
3. Manage and distribute daily maintenance work orders to other technicians and assist with repairs.
4. Recognize and identify non-diesel specific related repair or maintenance items such as safety appliances, tires, etc.
5. Ensure scheduled Preventative Maintenance is performed timely which includes inspecting all completed work and assisting, when necessary.
6. Troubleshoot, oversee and repair electric, diesel and hydraulic components on lift equipment and diesel tractors.
7. Keep a clean, safe and productive workplace at all times.
8. Review and complete all work orders on a daily basis.
9. Maintain a positive and learning teamwork atmosphere by acting and communicating in a professional, courteous and helpful manner.
10. Work with Terminal Manager and Railroad Maintenance Manager on a routine basis to ensure maintenance needs surpass expectations.
1. You must have prior extensive experience performing maintenance on diesel engines, with knowledge of hydraulic and electrical systems. Welding and fabrication skills are preferred.
2. You must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and pre-employment/post-offer drug test.
3. You must possess a valid driver’s license at all times.
4. You must be available to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays.