CDL Drivers: Do you like your job, but want to earn extra cash in your down time? Come drive for us part-time! Work when you want, make extra money and we’ll even provide the training!
Knife River is launching a new part-time driver initiative in Portland, Oregon to support our team of full-time pros. We have some of the best drivers in the business, and we want to keep them. We have a lot of work going on, and we want to support our full-time driving team with talented “relief pitchers” who can step in to help us serve our customers when one of our drivers needs a break. Drive a school bus, shuttle bus, fire truck, garbage truck or anything else that requires a CDL? Apply today to learn more about our part-time driving program!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Safely deliver materials to contractors and residential customers.
- Become familiar with our products, and provide excellent customer service.
- Complete pre and post trip inspections on equipment.
- Maintain driver’s daily log and legal load limits.
- Complete all paperwork that may be necessary.
- Maintain a clean truck appearance by complying with Knife River’s operational policies, procedures and standards.
- Climbing in and out of truck cab as needed throughout the day.
- Assure all safety policies and procedures are followed to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes and behaviors observed.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
- Previous truck driving experience.
- Possess and maintain a valid commercial driver’s license, medical card and clean driving record. Class B minimum requirement, Class A preferred.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background check, physical/functional exam and drug screen.
- Ability to work flexible shifts which include: days, nights, weekends and overtime.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude towards all team members and customers.
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, candidates must complete and submit an employment application at https://jobs.mdu.com/PositionDetail.aspx?ID=18275 by the posting deadline noted above. If unable to complete an application online you may print and send completed application to any Knife River NW address or stop in one of our locations to complete an application. Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
*WE ARE ALSO LOOKING FOR FULL TIME READY MIX DRIVERS. If you are interested, please complete and submit your application under the other Aggregate Delivery Driver job posting in Portland.
Veterans: Put Your Skills to Work with Us!
At Knife River, we are committed to helping our military transition to civilian life. We are constantly looking to add veterans to our workforce and want to make the transition as smooth as possible. There are many jobs within the military that are transferable to our Aggregate Delivery Driver position: