compensation: DOE, Plus Excellent Benefits! employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Good pay! Good benefits! Good people! At Knife River, we take care of our team because we know it’s our people who make us successful. We are one of the 10 largest construction materials producers/contractors in the country, and we’re growing! We are adding people to our team every day — people who are committed to working safely and to delivering high-quality results for our customers.
Knife River has an immediate opening for a Scale Person in Gresham, OR.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operate truck scales through computer terminal.
- Answer telephones and wait on customers.
- Assist dispatcher as needed.
- May need to drive to different jobsites within the day.
- Assure all safety policies and procedures are followed to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes and behaviors observed.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
- Aptitude for dealing with customers, sales, and problem solving.
- Ability to operate computer terminal and manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Legible handwriting, good organizational, communication, math and writing skills.
- Must be people oriented, able to provide exceptional customer service, empathetic and flexible.
- Previous scale experience a plus.
- Knowledge of market area and previous construction experience helpful.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug test.
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, candidates must complete and submit an employment application at https://jobs.mdu.com/PositionDetail.aspx?ID=18241 by the posting deadline noted above. If unable to complete an application online you may print and send completed application to any Knife River NW address or stop in one of our locations to complete an application. Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
Veterans: Put Your Skills to Work with Us!
At Knife River, we are committed to helping our military transition to civilian life. We are constantly looking to add veterans to our workforce and want to make the transition as smooth as possible. There are many jobs within the military that are transferable to our Scale Person position: