Good pay! Good benefits! Good people! At Knife River, we take care of our team because we know it’s our people who make us successful. We are one of the 10 largest construction materials producers/contractors in the country, and we’re growing! We are adding people to our team every day — people who are committed to working safely and to delivering high-quality results for our customers.
Knife River has an immediate opening for a Bulk Truck Driver (Cement Powder) in Portland Metro area. Our drivers are home daily and we offer competitive wages with a full benefits package. We seek to hire the best drivers in the area, and have a strong focus on customer service.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Safely deliver cement to company locations in Oregon.
- Complete pre and post trip inspections on equipment.
- Maintain driver’s daily log and legal load limits.
- Complete all paperwork that may be necessary.
- Maintain a clean truck appearance by complying with Knife River’s operational policies, procedures and standards.
- Climbing in and out of truck cab as needed throughout the day.
- Assure all safety policies and procedures are followed to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes and behaviors observed.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
- Previous truck driving experience.
- Possess and maintain a valid Class A commercial driver’s license with Double/Triples required, medical card and clean driving record able to drive manual transmission vehicle.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background check, physical/functional exam and drug screen.
- Ability to work flexible shifts which include: days, nights, weekends and overtime.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude towards all team members and customers.
How To Apply:
To be considered for this position, candidates must complete and submit an employment application at https://jobs.mdu.com/PositionDetail.aspx?ID=17759 by the posting deadline noted above. If unable to complete an application online you may print and send completed application to any Knife River NW address or stop in one of our locations to complete an application. Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
We offer a competitive benefit package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short term disability, 401k with matching contribution, profit sharing bonus, benefits extension, paid time off, 7 paid holidays, safety incentive program and years of service milestones.
Veterans: Put Your Skills to Work with Us!
At Knife River, we are committed to helping our military transition to civilian life. We are constantly looking to add veterans to our workforce and want to make the transition as smooth as possible. There are many jobs within the military that are transferable to our Bulk Driver (Cement) position: