QR Code Link to This Post
We are looking for an experienced writer / editor as we transfer content from MS Publisher to Flare. The subject is customer manuals for the assembly of our products. New diagrams and photos may be needed. Plenty of examples of current content is available - its not bad, just needs some TLC. We are updating our manuals to achieve a consistent voice, improve instructions, and when appropriate, add some humor for fun. The current manuals are currently published as customized Adobe PDF documents. We are moving to Flare to produce manuals more efficiently.
You will be working in a semi-private office with easy access to content sources. We have already established our style sheet and have a good start on standards.
Our customers are typically highly educated, so proper grammar is a must.
This is a temporary or contractor role, that may lead to full or part time.
• Strong grammar skills and attention to detail
• Ability to write clear instructions for our end customers
• Ability to prioritize projects to stay current on deadlines
• People skills and an ability to get the necessary details from subject matter experts
• Ability to quickly learn
• Familiar with MS Visio or Flare is a plus
• Familiar with Microsoft Publisher and Office Suite
We sell greenhouses and sun rooms for homeowners, hobbyists, non-profits and gardeners.
This is an in-house position located at our corporate office in Portland, OR.
All interested candidates will be asked to show a sample portfolio of an instruction manual.