Davis Tool is seeking an experienced accounting professional who will manage the accounting and payroll system and perform hands on accounting and payroll duties. This position reports to the Controller and has no employee direct reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain the accounting system, including reports and statistics, financial transactions, earnings, profits, cash balances, reports to government agencies, insurance and property records in accordance with GAAP
• Perform hands on accounting functions including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and general ledger in accordance with GAAP
• Recommend and implement accounting procedures that protect company and employee interests in accordance with company policies, governmental laws and regulations
• Work professionally with other departments, employees, customers, and suppliers to solve problems
• Help identify and resolve informational discrepancies or procedural issues
• Make non-routine choices within established guidelines, with minimal supervision
• Extensively use accounting, office/spreadsheet, and company database software applications
We are looking for candidates with the following attributes:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field
• 3 years of accounting experience with A/P, A/R and Payroll in a moderately complex environment. Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
• In depth knowledge and understanding of accounting and financial principles (GAAP)
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new processes and environments
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy of work
• Proven analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong written and verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Professional confidentiality and discretion in handling company and employee information
• Maintain effective relationships with team members, managers, and employees
• Work effectively in a small shared office environment with multiple interruptions
• Well organized
• Very proficient and comfortable with spreadsheets, payroll, accounting and office software
• Leadership experience
• Demonstrated record of increasing responsibility
Applicants may be asked to complete an assessment of their accounting experience, and submit to a credit check.
If you possess these qualifications and would like to apply for this position, please apply online at www.davistl.com/jobs. If you need assistance with our application, please contact Davis Tool Human Resources at 503-648-0936.
Davis Tool, Inc. offers a generous benefit package, including Medical, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and 401(k).
Davis Tool, Inc. is an advanced technology manufacturing company supporting the high tech, medical, consumer products, and aerospace industries. At Davis Tool we leverage technology to provide services that few other companies can provide. In addition, our 24 hour a day/5 day per week manufacturing facilities and focus on continuous improvement supports our ability to deliver the highest levels of quality and customer satisfaction.
Recruiters, please do not contact regarding this posting.
Davis Tool, Inc. is a Drug-free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers