compensation: $60,000 - $85,000 per year DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Ascentec Engineering is an ITAR compliant organization.
Qualified candidates can apply directly on the company’s website
The primary function of the Cost Engineer is to work with a cross-department team in leading projects related to review and revision of Bill of Materials, Specs, Routings, and Cost Standards to accurate levels for all product lines and part numbers manufactured. This position will also be responsible for leading, participating and implementing lean / six-sigma projects throughout the facility.
• Analyze standard run time against actual run time
• Assist operations in analyzing changes in product design, BoM, manufacturing methods, routings, to determine effects on cost
• Assist accounting in maintaining the Cost Accounting System
• Lead a weekly cost accounting meeting to review customer and order specific profitability
• Planning, Studying and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor to work with purchasing/planning to set correct levels
• Ability to analyze floor operations and make suggested improvements to reduce wastes and inefficiencies in production processes
• Ability to identify manufacturing cost reductions and provide ROI for changes, then implement/track suggested projects
• Lead value stream mapping and Kaizen Events to determine and record business improvement areas
• Assist the controller in maintaining proper inventory valuation and costing
• Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures primarily relating to inventory and costing
• Generate monthly KPI reporting around inventory and costing
• Assist with the budget development and tracking throughout the year
• Assist with capital expenditure reporting and variance analysis
• Support annual audit process working closely with the audit team in a number of areas
• Assist with daily/weekly cash management
• Ad Hoc reporting/projects
• Provide backup for accounting staff in a number of daily/weekly functions including hourly and salary payroll
• Bachelors or higher degree in Engineering (Industrial Engineering Preferred)
• 3+ years of accounting/manufacturing experience
• General understanding of accounting theory and knowledge of GAAP
• Experience with cost accounting preferred
• Knowledge of budget development, projections, and variance analysis
• Experience with GL, JE preparation, monthly and annual close processes preferred
• Knowledge of fixed asset accounting, depreciation/amortization calculations preferred
• Experience with accounting software & ERP systems
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Outlook, and Excel (including vlookup, pivot tables, etc.)
• Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects is a must
• Highly detailed oriented and organized
• Reliable and dependable
• Positive attitude
• Deadline and solutions-oriented with the ability to handle multiple competing priorities
• Team player who can roll up their sleeves and get involved in everything from big projects to regular, mundane, and simple tasks
• Our employees enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, disability, 401K, profit-sharing, paid holidays, and PTO
We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, has great initiative, and can accomplish tasks accurately. The applicant must be able to multi-task.
Please submit your resume and cover letter (including salary requirements).
Criminal Background Check and Drug Testing Required prior to employment.
Ascentec Engineering is an ITAR compliant organization. All employees must be US citizens or full-time US residents. No work Visa Sponsorship is allowed per ITAR policies.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers