compensation: DOE, $14.85 to 22.86, Plus Excellent Benefits employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Are you driven to help children and families succeed? Do you long to be part of a team that is making a difference in your own community? Then Oregon Child Development Coalition (OCDC) is the place for you!
We are a Head Start non-profit comprised of educators, social workers, transportation, facilities, and administrative staff; all at the top of their fields, and all passionate about making a difference in the lives of these children and families.
Ensures, supports, and promotes each child’s learning, well-being, and development in cooperation with their parents and other early childhood professionals in a manner consistent with the Head Start Performance Standards, USDA, and day care licensing regulations. Based on parent goals, classroom observations and individual child assessments the teacher plans a developmentally and culturally appropriate curriculum which meets the needs of all children and their families.
37.5 to 40 hours per week, April - November, Plus excellent benefits!
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALITIES:
• Outstanding teaching and classroom management skills
• Desire to be part of a diverse multicultural work environment
• Value the import of children, their education and the role of their parents to achieve it
• Safely and smoothly operate preschool, Head Start, and/or Early Head Start classrooms
• Develop and instruct appropriate, culturally suitable curriculum
• Promote a learning environment consistent with required government regulations
• Build relationships with staff and parents to achieve excellent education of children
• Teaching experience in a preschool
• Bilingual (Spanish) Preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Teacher 1
AA/AS degree or higher in early childhood education
AA/AS degree or higher in any field and coursework equivalent to a major relating to early childhood education AND 6 months actual work experience working with preschool age children
BA/BS degree or higher in early childhood education
BA/BS degree or higher in any field and coursework equivalent to a major relating to early childhood education AND 6 months actual work experience working with preschool age children
• Medical, dental, vision, 11 paid holidays, and sick leave
• Vacation (5 weeks by 5 years)
• 401k program which ranks in the top 1% of the nation
For full job details and to apply online please visit our website at www.ocdc.net and click Careers at OCDC under "about us" section.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers