compensation: Salary scale based on experience and degree employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Oregon Episcopal School occupies a wooded 59 acre campus where 880 students in Pre-K through 12th Grade share an excellent faculty, a college preparatory curriculum, and a strong sense of community. OES welcomes those who wish to engage in a vibrant, culturally diverse learning community.
OES seeks a skilled, professional, and culturally competent elementary school teacher to serve in an interim position for a period of six months. The interim teacher will provide classroom instruction to fourth grade students following OES standards and methods for instruction. Lower School teachers at OES promote curiosity and the exploration of ideas and concepts while fostering an appreciation for lifelong learning. The effective OES Lower School teacher has the ability to cultivate in students the values of community, social responsibility, and respect for individual differences. In addition to the qualifications detailed below, the successful interim teacher will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to support the School’s educational mission. This position reports directly to the division head of the Lower School.
This is a full-time, exempt, temporary position that starts January 6 and continues through June 15, 2020. It comes with a competitive salary based on education and teaching experience, and a benefits package including paid sick leave, paid holidays, group health insurance, and a free lunch on school days.
● Develop an intellectually challenging and creative program with developmentally appropriate and research-based practices.
● Implement an academically strong, inquiry-based and differentiated curriculum.
● Individualize instruction and educate the whole child.
● Be responsible for teaching in a self-contained classroom.
● Work collaboratively with colleagues in a spirit of openness and cooperation.
● Use a variety of best curricular approaches including reading workshop, writing process, experiential learning, cycle of inquiry, and conceptual and manipulative-based math approaches.
● Utilize a variety of instructional and assessment methods.
● Integrate technology to support student learning.
● Develop familiarity with a framework for understanding students’ individual strengths, affinities, and challenges.
● BA/BS or equivalent in relevant discipline
● Three years of elementary classroom teaching experience; team teaching experience
● Intercultural competence, ability to interact appropriately with a diverse array of students, coworkers, family members; ability to teach diverse groups of students effectively
● IT skills: general digital literacy, intermediate to advanced MS Office Suite, database skills, web applications including Google Docs, Zoom or Skype, etc. as appropriate to job duties
● Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
● MA/MS in relevant discipline
● Experience teaching in an independent school setting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
● Communication skills, Ability to grow professionally and to stay abreast of changes in the field of education
● Interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate and maintain collegial relations with colleagues, ability to accept feedback
● Knowledge of educational technology; openness to innovation, willingness to learn, ability to integrate evolving IT into curriculum
● Classroom environment, ability to sit at a computer and keyboard for moderate periods
● Ability to lift up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis
● Mobility sufficient to move about the campus and to assure the safety of young children
● Ability to communicate clearly with students, parents, and groups of individuals
COMPENSATION: Prorated based on faculty salary scale; commensurate with degree and years of teaching experience.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Complete the OES online application, link below, and attach a cover letter and resume. Closes November 30.
Follow the link below to set up a login and password that will allow you to save and return to your application:
Oregon Episcopal School does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), disability, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristic or status.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers