compensation: Commensurate with experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
AKS Engineering & Forestry (AKS) has immediate openings for full-time CAD Technicians in both of our Tualatin, OR, and Vancouver, WA offices. This is an excellent career opportunity for a responsible person with a minimum 2 years of experience in civil engineering drafting. Proficiency in AutoCAD is required and additional experience with Civil 3D and MicroStation/Inroads is ideal.
If you are looking to join a well-respected and talented team of professionals in a dynamic organization, then you'll want to consider AKS.
Skills and Abilities Required:
• High School Diploma/GED
• 2+ years of professional experience performing CAD drafting duties in a civil engineering environment
• Highly proficient with AutoCAD
• Ability to work and communicate successfully in a team environment
• Ability to work quickly, manage multiple and conflicting deadlines, and establish priorities
• Attention to detail, produce quality work products
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
• AS in Drafting Technology or related field
• Proficiency with AutoCAD/Civil 3D
• Knowledgeable of MicroStation/InRoads
• Knowledge and experience applying a variety of local City/County & ODOT CAD Standards
• Excellent communication skills
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
• AutoCAD drafting including setting up sheets, line work/drafting, and produce project related graphics for technical reports, presentations, etc.
• As skills allow, complete AutoCAD Civil 3D tasks including importing points, generating contours, creating horizontal/vertical alignments, completing site/corridor models, perform volume calculations, etc.
• Complete projects and special assignments as requested
• Networking with clients, agency personnel, and colleagues to build/maintain professional network
• Do what needs to be done
AKS is an infrastructure engineering firm that serves a combination of public and private clients in the Pacific Northwest. Our company provides a unique combination of services including civil engineering, surveying, planning, landscape architecture, arboriculture, natural resources, and forestry. We have an established, broad-based portfolio of clients including land owners, real-estate developers, architects, government agencies, public service providers, timberland owners, and others. With three offices and over 20 years in business, AKS is a well-respected and trusted resource to our clients. Visit our website at www.aks-eng.com for additional information about the work we do.
AKS is not your typical consulting firm. We have created a unique work environment that is professional, friendly, casual, hardworking, and fun. With a reputation built on personal responsibility, straight answers, practical solutions, and above all else, client service, AKS has become a highly sought-after place to work. We specifically place our offices in the outskirts of larger cities, providing us faster response to our clients and a shorter drive to work for most employees. We emphasize building long-term relationships with clients at all levels of our organization and this philosophy has allowed us to expand and grow. Every employee is treated as a valuable asset and everyone's voice matters.
AKS values our employees and proudly provides competitive compensation and benefits. Checkout the Careers page of our website for more information.
AKS Engineering and Forestry, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.