AKS Engineering & Forestry (AKS) has an immediate opening for Project Engineers in our Tualatin, Keizer, and Bend Oregon offices; and our Vancouver, Washington office. AKS offers a supportive work environment with an excellent benefit package and an outstanding opportunity for personal and professional growth, including potential for firm ownership.
If you are looking to join a well-respected and talented team of professionals in a dynamic organization, then you’ll want to consider AKS.
• 5+ years of experience in site development design
• BS in Civil Engineering or equivalent (required)
• Oregon or Washington Civil Engineer’s license (required)
• Self-motivated, proactive, and detail-oriented
• Familiarity with Civil 3D and/or MicroStation
• Effective written and oral communication skills including proposal and report writing
• Ability to work quickly, manage multiple and conflicting deadlines, and establish priorities
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Comfortable networking with clients and colleagues to develop and maintain professional relationships
• Personal responsibility for completing quality work within budgets and timelines
• Knowledge and familiarity with local codes and agency standards
• Possess solid time management, and follow-through skills
• Proven ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Job Functions & Responsibilities: The focus of this full-time position is to provide design engineering for site development of residential, industrial, commercial, education, recreational, or public works projects.
Working with a Project Manager, the following tasks will be assigned:
• Coordinates AutoCAD drafting requirements in support of civil engineering design process
• Coordinates with other in-house disciplines, as well as outside subconsultants
• Works with engineering staff to develop plans, specifications, and reports and stamps final documents
• Provides thorough on-going QA/QC review of deliverables
• Perform site and infrastructure design per county/city standards and maintains good communication with the planning/engineering staff of the jurisdiction to minimize future changes and misunderstandings
• Conducts and coordinates periodic site visits to construction sites to monitor quality and work progress
• Prepares and manages project correspondence and documentation
• Tabulates bid items and calculates construction bid quantities from plans and specifications. Develops cost estimates.
• Network with clients, agency personnel, and colleagues to build/maintain professional network
• Maintain relationships with clients to develop future opportunities
• Do what needs to be done.
AKS is an infrastructure engineering firm that serves a combination of public and private clients in the Pacific Northwest. Our company provides a unique combination of services including civil engineering, surveying, planning, landscape architecture, arboriculture, natural resources, and forestry. We have an established, broad-based portfolio of clients including land owners, real-estate developers, architects, government agencies, public service providers, timberland owners, and others. With three offices and over 20 years in business, AKS is a well-respected and trusted resource to our clients. Visit our website at www.aks-eng.com for additional information about the work we do.
AKS is not your typical consulting firm. We have created a unique work environment that is professional, friendly, casual, hardworking, and fun. With a reputation built on personal responsibility, straight answers, practical solutions, and above all else, client service, AKS has become a highly sought-after place to work. We specifically place our offices in the outskirts of larger cities, providing us faster response to our clients and a shorter drive to work for most employees. We emphasize building long-term relationships with clients at all levels of our organization and this philosophy has allowed us to expand and grow. Every employee is treated as a valuable asset and everyone’s voice matters.
AKS values our employees and proudly provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Checkout the Careers page of our website for more information on all that AKS offers. www.aks-eng.com
AKS Engineering and Forestry, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.