AKS Engineering & Forestry (AKS) has an immediate opening for a full-time Survey Office Technician for our Tualatin, Oregon office. You will work closely with Project Surveyors, AKS survey crews, Project Engineers, and Project Managers on a mixture of private and public works projects.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
• Associate's or Bachelor of Science degree in Land Surveying or equivalent. Land Survey Intern (LSI) certification preferred but not required.
• 2-5 years minimum surveying experience with transportation, utility, residential development, and retail/commercial/industrial site development projects.
• Knowledge of all phases of land surveying and map preparation, including land surveying techniques, survey control, and construction surveying.
• Knowledge in the laws and regulations pertaining to land surveying in Oregon including county regulation, Deschutes County experience a plus but not required.
• Knowledge and use of AutoCAD, Civil 3D software.
• Experience and use of Trimble Total stations, GNSS Receivers and TSC3 data collectors.
• Experience with Trimble Access and Trimble Business Center.
• Ability to work efficiently, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines.
Job Functions & Responsibilities: Working under the direction of the Project Surveyor, PLS
• Prepare various survey documents including subdivision plats, exhibits, boundary surveys, record of surveys utilizing Civil 3d software.
• Reduce survey data in Trimble Business Center software.
• Import field survey data and export survey data for field work utilizing Civil 3d Software.
• Preparation of topographic survey maps including existing property features and existing ground models utilizing Civil 3d software.
• Perform office calculations and support field survey crews for construction staking and property monumentation.
• Prepare legal descriptions of real property.
• Adhere to company work flows, standards and procedures.
AKS is an infrastructure engineering firm that serves a combination of public and private clients in the Pacific Northwest. Our company provides a unique combination of services including civil engineering, surveying, planning, landscape architecture, arboriculture, natural resources, and forestry. We have an established, broad-based portfolio of clients including land owners, real-estate developers, architects, government agencies, public service providers, timberland owners, and others. With four offices and over 20 years in business, AKS is a well-respected and trusted resource to our clients. Visit our website at www.aks-eng.com for additional information about the work we do.
AKS is not your typical consulting firm. We have created a unique work environment that is professional, friendly, casual, hardworking, and fun. With a reputation built on personal responsibility, straight answers, practical solutions, and above all else, client service, AKS has become a highly sought-after place to work. We locate our offices to provide faster response to our clients and a shorter drive to work for most employees. We emphasize building long-term relationships with clients at all levels of our organization and this philosophy has allowed us to expand and grow. Every employee is treated as a valuable asset and everyone's voice matters. We offer a supportive work environment with an excellent benefit package and an outstanding opportunity for personal and professional growth
AKS values our employees and proudly provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Checkout the Careers page of our website for more information on all that AKS offers.
AKS Engineering and Forestry, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.