Seeking dedicated, energetic and personable Logistics Assistant to work with Hillsboro Farmers' Market manager to execute market set-up and tear-down operations on site at Saturday and Sunday markets.
Seasonal, part-time exempt. 18 hours per week, Saturdays 5:45 AM to 3:15 PM; Sundays 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM. Mid-April to early November. Send in resume and cover letter (email text OK). No phone calls.
1. Assist Market Manager with market set-up, Saturday and Sunday
a. Place barricades, detour and road closure signs
b. Arrange tents, chairs, PA systems, stages, and special event equipment
c. Set up and service vendors with power
d. Place and service refuse and recycling bins
e. Collect vendor payments and signatures at check-in
f. Work with Events and Volunteer Coordinator on set-up and tear-down for special events
2. Assist Market Manager with tear-down, Saturday and Sunday
a. Break down chairs, tables, and tents
b. Collect refuge and recycling
c. Clean streets/market area (pick up any trash in the area, clean up large spills)
d. Remove Market barricades, detour and road signs
e. Return all equipment to the box truck and storage facility
3. Assist the Market Manager in managing market operations during market hours
a. Supervise work of volunteer crew and work with Hillsboro Justice Department
b. Walk the market and assist Market Manager to monitor and correct non-compliance issues and safety hazards
c. Pick up trash and debris during market hours
d. After set-up, work in Information Booth with On-Site Market Staff only on as-need basis; and to allow the On-Site person to take a lunch break
e. Assist Market Manager with crowd counts and maintaining the records
f. Make minor repairs on equipment at market
g. Serve as back up for Market Manager absences
1. Gain a thorough understanding of HFM's Vendor Handbook, Signage Plan, Traffic Plan, Emergency Management Plan, and Employee Manual.
2. Drive Hillsboro Farmers' Markets, Inc. box truck to and from Saturday and Sunday market locations.
3. Implement safety practices and techniques; e.g. fire, traffic control in market areas.
4. Assist Market Manager to insure equipment and truck are in good working order and stored properly at the end of each market and market season.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
Commitment to work every weekend the entire Market season, plus one week before and after it ends.
• Strong customer service skills--friendly, outgoing, and helpful behavior
• Punctual and dependable
• Team-oriented while being self-motivated and able to work independently
• Valid Oregon drivers' license
• Able to read and understand maps
• Skilled in using computer tablets and computers, word and excel software
• Able to count tokens and money accurately
• Able to write legibly
• Complete multiple tasks within time constraints
• Regular heavy lifting, some over 50 lbs
• Comfortable driving a large truck
• Stand and walk for long periods
• Agility and strength to set up canopy, tables and displays without additional help
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Crew management experience preferred
• Cargo transportation experience or event logistics preferred
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers