Seeking dedicated, energetic and personable On-Site Market Staff to work with Hillsboro Farmers' Market Manager and Logistics Assistant to conduct vendor check in, assist in setting up and tearing down booths at Saturday and Sunday markets and also be primary responder for customers, sell merchandise and tokens at Market Information Booth. Must be very comfortable in customer relations. Hours: 16 hours per week, Saturdays 6:00 AM to 3:30 PM; and Sundays 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM (30 min lunch break)
1. Assist Market Manager and Logistics Assistant with market set-up for Saturday market:
a. Collect vendor payments and signatures at check-in
b. Set up Information Booth with appropriate signage and literature
c. Help Events and Volunteer Coordinator with set-up as needed
d. Help with market equipment and power set-up as needed
e. Ring bell on time at start and end of markets
2. Maintain Information booth, with assistance from volunteers:
a. Answer customer questions; collect customer email addresses and comments
b. Sell merchandise and maintain inventory, handle cash transactions and manage cash box
c. Run EBT/Debit machine for tokens
d. Answer vendor questions; receive gross sales data and payments from vendors
e. Receive token returns from vendors; balance tokens with vendor and write receipt for vendor
f. At end of market on Saturdays, accurately reconcile cash, tokens and sales journal
g. Take down Information booth and return to van for transport
h. Assist to take down market equipment, barricades and signs as needed
3. Learn functions of and provide back-up for Logistics Assistant when/if ill.
1. Gain a thorough understanding of HFM's Vendor Handbook, Signage Plan, Traffic Plan, Emergency Management Plan, and Employee Manual.
2. May be called upon to drive HFM's box truck to or from market locations if Logistics Assistant is out unexpectedly (e.g. for illness).
Commitment to work every weekend the entire Market season, plus one week before for training and to help Market Manager and Logistics Assistant organize for market start-up.
• Strong customer service skills--friendly, outgoing, and helpful behavior
• Punctual and dependable
• Team-oriented while being self-motivated and able to work independently
• Valid Oregon drivers' license
• Able to read and understand maps
• Strong math skills
• Skilled in using computer tablets and computers, word and excel software
• Able to count tokens and money accurately
• Able to write legibly
• Complete multiple tasks within time constraints
• Regular heavy lifting, frequently 25 to 40 lbs., occasionally over 50 lbs
• Comfortable driving a large truck (occasionally)
• Stand and walk for long periods
• Agility and strength to set up canopy, tables and displays without additional help
• High school graduate or equivalent preferred
• Experience in counter sales or similar customer service position
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers