compensation: $15 - $16 per hour (DOE) employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Courtyard Village at Raleigh Hills is an active independent senior living community - privately owned and locally operated. We are seeking a dedicated, independent, talented, and creative Baker to join our team. Great schedule! Monday - Friday: 7am to early afternoon.
The Baker is responsible for preparing desserts, pastries, cakes, pies, breads, and other like items to be served complying with all applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. Responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste, and fraud. This position works under the direction of the Kitchen Manager.
Although consistently preparing tasty food for our residents is our primary goal, this job isn’t just about preparing the tried and true favorites. We’re looking for someone who takes an interest in our community, can connect with our guests and team members on daily basis, and is willing to exercise their culinary creativity to try new dishes and create new favorites.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
-Responsible for all bake processes (i.e., desserts, pastries, breads, etc.) and that all baked items are prepared in a
- Ensures the bake station is always kept clean, organized, and stocked with appropriate and necessary items
- Assists Kitchen Manager and fellow team members with prep, cleaning, or other duties as necessary
- Serves food that is the correct serving temperature, quantity, and quality.
- Comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards.
- Observe proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Prepares and stores all food as instructed by the Kitchen Manager and accordance with all labeling instructions.
- Report necessary equipment repair and maintenance to Kitchen Manager.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following are the minimum levels required to successfully perform the Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred with a minimum of one year experience working in a bakery
- Ability to take food prep and cooking instructions from the Kitchen Manager, Sous Chef, and Lead Line Cook,
and complete those tasks on time.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English and follow oral and written directions.
- Consistently demonstrate teamwork and positive day-to-day work relationships and interactions with co-
workers, managers, residents, resident family members and friends, and vendors.
- Must have and maintain a valid Food Handler Card or ServeSafe Certification
Please respond to this ad or apply in person:
Courtyard Village at Raleigh Hills
4875 SW 78th Avenue
Portland, OR 97225
We look forward to connecting with you soon!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers