compensation: $15 to $16 DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
PLEASE READ ENTIRE AD BEFORE APPLYING. YOUR RESUME MUST BE TAILORED TO THIS POSITION AND YOU MUST INCLUDE A COVER LETTER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
We are a small, three-doctor, integrative veterinary practice located just outside beautiful Portland, Oregon. Our small team works in a cozy little clinic and we pride ourselves on providing the very best patient and client care. We are a client/patient relationship-centered practice incorporating the best holistic modalities, including chiropractic adjustments, acupuncture, homeopathy, natural flea control, body work, herbal medicine, cold laser therapy, holistic cancer treatment, and much more.
What is a holistic/integrative veterinary practice, you ask?
• We focus on nutrition and whole-body support.
• Treat the whole pet and not just individual issues that may arise.
• Use a high-touch, friendly and focused approach to patient care.
• Use a less-invasive approach to care such as cold laser treatments and cryosurgery.
• Advocate for titer testing and not over-vaccinating.
• Support the immune system through whole food supplements.
• Resort to traditional Western medication only when absolutely necessary.
• Do minimal surgeries—spays, neuters and mass removals.
• About 70% of our patients are on a raw-food diet.
Please feel free to ask us any questions you have!
Who we are looking for? A hard-working, reliable and dependable person to fill a veterinary technician/assistant position: Full-time, 37 hours/week: A minimum of 1 year of experience is required. We are looking for an experienced veterinary tech or assistant to work alongside our current three wonderful technicians. Our perfect candidate for this position is someone who can perform blood draws, prepare lab samples, restrain for blood draws and nail trims, take vitals (TPR), prepare for/monitor surgeries, place an IV catheter, fill prescriptions, check out clients, and help our receptionist answer phones. We are willing to train the right individual in the proper techniques of cold laser treatments, venipuncture, and subcutaneous and intramuscular injections. Starting wage is based on experience, with a raise possible after 60 days based on performance.
The benefits of working for us:
• Working for a small clinic, we are all good friends—and hope to add one more!
• We love to have fun! Keeping it professional, always, but having a sense of humor is a must!
• Great discounts on pet food, treats, supplements and personal items.
• Free exams and generous discounts on lab work.
• All weekends off and all holidays! Plus, a 4-day work week!
• Scrub allowance after 90 days and yearly after that.
• No bathing/grooming, boarding or hospitalized patients.
• Only one doctor per day; appointments are spaced 30 minutes to 1 hour apart.
• Yearly allowance for sick time and paid holidays.
• Working for a calm and friendly clinic with long-time clients and building relationships with pets and their people.
• High school diploma or equivalent GED.
• A minimum of 1 year experience as a veterinary tech/assistant and the ability to work Mondays 9:30 am to 7:00 pm and 8:30 am to 6:00 pm four days of the week.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Computer literate (knowing Avimark is a huge plus!).
• The ability to communicate professionally with co-workers and clients.
• Have an open mind and the willingness to learn all holistic medicine has to offer.
• Be available to have a working interview with us.
As a small practice we are looking for the right fit for everyone, both for you and for us. If you are interested in joining us, please reply by email with a detailed resume tailored to this position. We also ask that a cover letter be included with each application. It can be just a simple paragraph about why you want to work in holistic medicine, what the veterinary field means to you, or why you chose the veterinary field, just to name a few. Unfortunately, resumes without cover letters will NOT be considered. We look forward to hearing from you!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers