70 Employee and growing company in West Portland is in search of an experienced HR Specialist/Payroll professional who brings strong human resources expertise. This position will manage and maintain HR functions as well as process a bimonthly payroll using QuickBooks Assisted Payroll. The successful candidate must be able to work independently and advise upper management of on-going matters and projects. The responsibilities for this job include but are not limited to:
QR Code Link to This Post
• Advise management on hiring and recruitment process including advertising for open positions, interviewing, and preparing job offer letters.
• Plan and conduct new employee orientation and On-boarding, performance evaluations, employee relations, and terminations.
• Manage all employees personal data, compensation, time and attendance.
• Bi-monthly Payroll, keeping up to date with tax laws, handle employee issues regarding payroll.
• Update and supervise the company handbook and policies.
• Manage employee benefits and services including: Medical Insurance, Open Enrollment, Retirement Plan, Paid Time Off (PTO), ACA reporting and COBRA.
• Manage employee Leaves of Absence.
• Assist in conducting investigations in employee situations including but not limited to, harassment, discrimination, and violation of company policies.
• Oversee and maintain the workers compensation program by reviewing and processing claims, and responding to audits as needed.
• Responsible for all organization compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory labor guidelines and laws.
Qualifications we're seeking:
• College degree related to HR or 3-5 years HR experience.
• 3-5 years experience with Payroll processing, QuickBooks Assisted Payroll preferred.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook
• Demonstrate trustworthiness, confidentiality, initiative and flexibility.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills required.
We offer competitive compensation, fully paid dental, generous PTO, retirement plan with company match, and more! If interested, please respond with a cover letter and resume.