Are you motivated, hard-working and detail oriented? Are you a visual person and enjoy bringing products from concept to design through to fabrication? The position of Designer IV presents a great opportunity for your career, if you have strong mechanical aptitude, an attention to detail, and aggressively want to exceed expectations.
• Work with the Customer and Sales to develop a quotable/manufacturable solution to the customers request
• Comprehend engineering notes and communicate with internal and external customers as needed to accurately conceptualize and complete designs
• Visualize a concept from 2D to 3D
• Design standard and custom tooling solutions
• Use SolidWorks & AutoCAD software to develop prints and designs for production
• Create and complete accurate drawings for custom tools and fixtures, under tight time constraints
• Ensure timely output of drawings for customer approval.
• Work directly with customers to review, update, and approve designs and support the production group as each tool is made
Future responsibilities based on experience will include:
• Ability to streamline SolidWorks to CAM programming using SolidWorks output or 3RD party CAM software
• Train new or current Designers and be a resource for others when questions arise
• Backup for design review processes
• Other tasks as defined by leadership
Job Qualification/Experience & Technical Skills:
• Proficient in SolidWorks and 3-D modeling with a general knowledge of AutoCAD
• Conceptual design visualization skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas to others
• Understanding and working with Printed Circuit Board data
• Ability to problem solve efficiently, working toward simple solutions to complex problems
• Aptitude for mechanical design and have the ability to design intermediate to complex multi-parts assemblies
• ASME Print Reading and GD&T fundamentals
• Ability to review designs for quality control
• Must be excellent with computers and file systems
• Ability to CAM from Solidworks or 3rd party add on software a plus
• General understanding of material properties, uses, machinability, and finishes a plus
• 4-8 years of service with Ascentec Engineering, or equivalent electronics assembly tooling design experience preferred.
• Associate Degree in drafting technology a plus
• Aggressive Self-Starter/Self-Motivated
• Professional Demeanor and Respectful in all situations
• Flexible and willing to help others as needs and tasks change
• Positive Attitude & Team Player
• Quality oriented- "Do it right the first time"
• Honest with Good Integrity
• Reliable and Dependable
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Enjoys fast pace and rapidly changing environment
• May sit for long periods of time- desk & meetings
• Will occasionally walk to Production, where noise level can be low to moderate
• Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed
• The physical demands described above, represent those met by an employee to successfully perform the essentially functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
• 401k match
• Paid Holidays & Vacations
• Paid short & long term Disability coverage
• Flexible paid time off
M-F: 7am - 5:30pm
Applicant must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check prior to employment- no theft, or criminal convictions against person(s) the past 7 years.
SolidWorks & AutoCAD proficiency tests required in interview process