compensation: Up to $19.00 Depending on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Forklift Driver/Warehouse Associate
Are you a warehouse professional? Do you have recent forklift experience? Are you comfortable working in a refrigerated storage facility? PrideStaff is looking for you!
Our client, locally owned and operated since 1923 is one of the largest public refrigerated warehousing companies in the U.S., They deliver award-winning refrigerated logistics through a national warehouse network totaling more than 53 million cubic feet of multi-temperature controlled storage (-20° F to +70° F).
Using a sit-down forklift the forklift driver unloads and loads customer product, scans the product, and places it correctly in the warehouse. Maintains a safe and clean work area.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Experience working in cold storage preferred, but not required. This position will involve working in cold storage spaces at zero degrees.
• Promote a safe work environment through personal actions. Identify any safety concerns, as well as cost-saving opportunities.
• Load and unload trucks and railcars. Move product onto the pallet in the correct position.
• Scan product and move to load area. Check for accuracy and placement.
• Direct product to correct area in the warehouse.
• Pack product using shrink-wrap. Attach correct labels to product.
• Move product safely using a forklift, pallet jack or dock loader. Follow instructions for operating equipment.
• Clear work area of loose wood and plastic. Sweep work area as needed.
• Report faulty equipment, damage to racks, and other safety hazards to supervisor.
• Inventory product as needed. Label, sort, wrap and tie the product.
• Other duties as requested.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Minimum 6 months experience working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
• Ability to become Forklift certified
• Familiar with WMS and RF
• Strong teamwork skills
• Ability to read numbers and labels
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Experience working in cold storage is highly desired by not required. This position is working in a cold storage facility.
Pay Rate: Up to $19.00 Depending on Experience
PrideStaff Portland is a locally owned and operated Staffing Agency. PrideStaff is a winner of the coveted “Best of Staffing” Diamond award for 5 consecutive years for the highest level of satisfaction as rated by our valued Employees and Clients. Over the years, PrideStaff has been a consistent industry leader, developing technology and service processes that allow our organization to deliver superior performance. When it comes to your success, we leave nothing to chance. Allow us to support your job and career search and see the difference PrideStaff can make for you!
Call today to apply! 971.371.4028
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers