compensation: Up to $18.00/hr Depending on Skills and Qualifications employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
No previous experience in manufacturing is required. If you have strong general mechanical skills and a desire to learn, you can do this job!
Our client is locally owned and operated. Established in 1949, it has grown into a regional and national industrial equipment supplier, providing a combination of value added technical services, engineering, consultation, and quality products to a variety of markets. They provide mission-critical equipment to a wide variety of industries including Fortune 500 companies.
Assemble and test industrial packages from bare parts, in "job shop" and production environment. This includes mechanical connections, supports and structures, and control panels. Build custom air compressor, vacuum pump, blower, and pump assembly packages.
• Ability to build and disassemble an engine or machine
• Electronic Panel Assembly experience preferred but not required
• Read & interpret assembly drawings
• Mechanical skills
• Physically able (lifting of 50 lbs occasionally)
• Standing, sitting, kneeling, bending all shift
• Work well independently/self-starter and with a team
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Such duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assemble mechanical assemblies; such as air ends, blowers, and other compressed air system components, working on a shop floor.
• Inspects components for proper assembly, specifications, fit and finish.
• Plans assembly and positions components according to the knowledge of unit being assembled and through the interpretation of engineering drawings, layout drawings or electrical schematics.
• Remove small quantities of metal with hand files, scrapers or machine tools to produce close fit between parts.
• Bend and install tubing and fittings for oil lubrication/cooling systems.
• Install plumbing.
• Align couplings and subassemblies to the gearbox or other components.
• Operate drill presses, milling machines, lathes, hydraulic presses, welders and other shop equipment to assist in assembly operations.
• Test completed assemblies for proper operation, temperature, vibration and noise levels and complete required written reports. Troubleshoot, repair or replace faulty components.
• Provide feedback in regards to design improvements, updates, and procedures, verbally and in writing, as required.
• Work in conjunction with Floor Supervisor to ensure assemblies meet design parameters.
• Perform workstation and shop clean-up duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Education: High School diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
• Specialized training: mechanics, electrical
• Previous experience should include mechanical assembly and disassembly.
• The ability to learn to read and use handheld mechanical measurement devices (micrometer, dial indicator, caliper) as well as electrical measurement devices (Fluke meter).
• Recognize common mechanical and electrical components
• Passion for auto mechanics, building and/or tinkering with mechanical components
• Excellent communication skills
• Must work well with others in a safe and self-directed manner
• Reading: Read and interpret the following documents: operating and maintenance manuals, employee manuals, safety guidelines, electrical schematics, blueprints, mechanical sketches, electrical and mechanical reference charts.
• Writing: Record readings and write legible reports.
Pay rate: Up to $18.00/hr Depending on Skills and Experience
PrideStaff Portland is a locally owned and operated Staffing Agency. PrideStaff is a winner of the coveted "Best of Staffing" Diamond award for 5 consecutive years for the highest level of satisfaction as rated by our valued Employees and Clients. Over the years, PrideStaff has been a consistent industry leader, developing technology and service processes that allow our organization to deliver superior performance. When it comes to your success, we leave nothing to chance. Allow us to support your job and career search and see the difference PrideStaff can make for you!
Call today to apply! 971.371.4028 or apply online!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers