Entry Level Machinist – Day Shift
QR Code Link to This Post
Davis Tool, Inc., a long established Hillsboro manufacturer, supports its customers by offering advanced technology manufacturing 24 hours per day. Our quality, customer service and on-time delivery are second to none. To meet current and future business demands, we are looking to fill a number of positions to round out our manufacturing services across on our swing shift. At this time, we have an immediate opening for Entry Level Machinists to work in support roles in our machine shop. We expect successful candidates will learn skills needed to move into a career as a machinist in our factory.
Monday – Friday workweek
Day Shift – 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
Tasks are likely to include:
• Assembly, deburr, bending, drilling, riveting of metal parts
• Inspecting parts
• Communicating with leaders and peers about problems and possible solutions
• Measuring performance against time and quality standards
We are looking for candidates with the following attributes:
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good computer skills
• Are able to routinely handle objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Able to stand for 8 hours per day, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, twisting, turning, climbing, walking through a large manufacturing facility and maneuvering heavy materials throughout the shift
• Can read engineering drawings
• Good attendance and attention to detail
• Continued learning and education
• Some leadership experience with a desire to teach others and learn new skills
• Demonstrated record of increasing responsibility
Davis Tool, Inc. offers a generous benefit package, including medical, vision, dental, LTD, Life, 401(k) with employer match after wait time is satisfied.
To apply for this position, go online at www.davistl.com/jobs. A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you need assistance with our application, please contact Davis Tool Human Resources at 503-648-0936.
Recruiters, please do not contact regarding this posting.
Davis Tool, Inc. is a Drug-free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.