Experienced Aerospace Assembly Technician
QR Code Link to This Post
Davis Tool has an immediate opening for an experienced person to work in our Aerospace Assembly Department. Assemblies are mechanical and/or electrical and are made up of our internally machined and fabricated parts along with components sourced from approved suppliers. Qualified candidates will have experience working to aerospace company and AS9100 specifications.
Day Shift: Monday to Friday, 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Daily tasks include:
• Drilling, reaming, honing to size holes
• Using hydraulic presses to install components
• Using sealants and adhesives
• Installing rivets, crimps, bolts, and other custom hardware
• Using precision inspection gauges such as calipers, micrometers and height gauges to verify work
• Working within the specifications of customer and industry standards
• Communicating status at beginning and end of shift
We are looking for candidates that have the following attributes:
• Aerospace assembly experience
• Higher level math skills
• Significant technical experience
• Are able to read and interpret customer drawings and specifications
• Are proficient in the use of basic and advanced inspection tools and techniques
• Training in Lean Manufacturing principles
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good computer skills
• Are able to routinely handle objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Continued learning and education
• Leadership experience
• Demonstrated record of increasing responsibility
Also preferred but not required:
• FAA Airframe and/or Powerplant Certification
An Aerospace Assembly Technician at Davis is expected to quickly learn our quality system and become certified to inspect their Own and other Assemblers work.
Davis Tool, Inc offers a generous benefit package including Medical, Vision, Dental, LTD, Life and 401(k) with an employer match.
Please apply for this position online at www.davistl.com/jobs. Applications are only accepted online.
Davis Tool, Inc. is a Drug-free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.