Sheet Metal Shop Supervisor
QR Code Link to This Post
Davis Tool has an immediate opening for a Supervisor to lead our Sheet Metal Department on our Swing Shift (3:15 pm to 11:45 pm). The Sheet Metal Supervisor reports to the Plant Manager and is responsible for the area Safety, Quality, and Productivity. You will be responsible for 10-25 manufacturing employees working in the precision sheet metal shop.
Daily Tasks Include:
• Setting daily production plan
• Working with scheduling to meet customer commitments
• Ensure time cards for team are accurate and turned in daily
• Communicate status and hand over shift to incoming shift
• Ensuring department employees are working in a safe manner
Other Tasks Include:
• Training and skills development for your team
• Occasionally opening, closing and being in charge of the building for a Saturday shift
• Reporting status of major projects to Peers and Management
• Ensure training and certifications for directs are current
• Taking part in lean activities
• Ensuring area KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) are met
• Interviewing potential employees
We are looking for candidates with the following attributes:
• Proven prior leadership experience
• Experience with fabricated sheet metal parts
• Experience with press brakes
• Experience with CNC punches and lasers
• Experience with welding
• Experience with deburr/ hand finishing of sheet metal and machined parts
• Higher level math skills
• Knowledge of APICS
• Experience with lean to improve processes
Supervisors at Davis Tool are expected to meet with each of their employees on a regular basis to track progress for both short and long term goals. They are also responsible for giving performance reviews annually to their directs. They communicate and report status on current projects and other items affecting the department and the company.
This is an exempt position starting at 60k – 80k per year depending on experience.
Davis Tool, Inc. offers a generous benefit package, including medical, vision, dental, LTD, Life, 401(k) with employer match after wait time is satisfied.
To apply for this position, go online at www.davistl.com/jobs. Applications must be received by 07/15/18 to be considered. If you need assistance with our application, please contact Davis Tool Human Resources at 503-648-0936.
Recruiters, please do not contact regarding this posting.
Davis Tool, Inc. is a Drug-free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.