JOB DESCRIPTION: The Operations Manager for a Hi-Tech CNC prototype and production facility who is the leader for the entire division including planning, design, programming, CNC machining and assembly of quick turn prototype parts and production assemblies.
The operations manager will plan, direct, coordinate day to day functions for the team leaders so to properly deploy resources in alignment with meeting the company goals/objectives. Work cross functionally with quality, materials, packaging & shipping, engineering, human resources, etc., to ensure that daily needs of manufacturing are met.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: To include but not limited to the following:
- Lean Manufacturing focal point. Ensure that manufacturing areas are managed through lean principles. Produce to demand, Takt time, cell structure, Kanban, SMED, TPM, etc., activities are promoted and implemented.
- Mentor - Facilitates training and allocates resources required for the training of CNC machinist/programmers, CAD designers, Assemblers, and Planners
- Recruiter - Evaluates and selects talented manufacturing employees to fill opening at all production levels
- Scheduling and coordinating customer order priorities
- Leader - Manage staff by utilizing the performance management process, including confirming job responsibilities, establishing goals and job competencies, developing skills, coaching on a continuous basis and evaluating performance.
- Escalation point: Resolves day to day issues and monitors performance to plan related to staffing, scheduling, quality, tooling, maintenance, etc.
- Monitor performance evaluations for consistency and completeness. Ensure adherence to attendance, overtime, company policies and procedures.
- Ensure all work in progress is monitored and that all final products are inspected for quality.
- Act as liaison working in a cross functional manner with other areas of the organization.
- Monitors inventory for cost effectiveness and to assure adequate levels.
- Authorizes and allocates the staffing of production.
- Provides mentoring or assistance so that staff is effective in managing their areas, production scheduling and meeting team goals.
- Fills in for production leads in their absence.
- Create a department culture which supports the principles of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Growth.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Experience working in the PCBA contract manufacturing industry
- Process development / Engineering experience preferred
- Experience in implementing Lean Manufacturing Processes / Toyota Production System Methodologies (5s, Gemba walks, Six Sigma, reduction of waste (Muda, Muri, Mura), Kanban, SMED)
- Supervisor/Management Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred but not required
- Experienced with metal (stainless steel, titanium, aluminum) and plastics machining preferred
- Knowledgeable of CNC machine tools is preferred by not required; CNC Horizontal and Vertical Mills, 5-Axis, Lathes, and EDM.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering (preferred). Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Five or more years of progressively complex technical experience involving the latest state-of-the-art applications and techniques in production and project management experience. Three or more years of supervisory experience (Preferred).
- Proven leadership experience
- Passion for mentoring / training
- Takes charge and doesn't have issues with making difficult decisions or commitments
- Self-starter / self-motivated / flexible
- Reliable and dependable
- Positive customer focused attitude
- Enjoys fast pace and rapidly changing environment
- Honest with good integrity
- Professional demeanor and respectful to people in all situations
- Flexible and willing to help others as needs and tasks change often
- Team player
- Works in an office and/or machine shop environment.
- May on a continuous basis walk, bend and lift up to 40 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
- The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must adhere to company safety policies
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS:
- Flexible paid time off
- Paid medical coverage
- Paid short and long term disability coverage
- 401K with matching funds